Chapter 2

Issy thought about what he was going to say to Clair as his father drove him to school.

"What are you thinking about?" Issy's father asked suddenly.

"Huh? Nothing."

"Is it about a girl?"

"No! I don't like anyone!" Issy lied while he crossed his fingers behind his back.

"Oh and by the way, the school sent me an email during the holidays saying that there'll be a prom or ball at the last day of school before your midterm break. Only Year 9 and above are allowed to go," Issy's father said as he showed Issy the email on his phone.

"Crap... we have to go with a partner..." Issy thought as his mind went through the names of girls he knew, "wait... we can invite lower grade girls, too..."

"All right here you are, have fun at school today!" Issy's father said as Issy left the car.

Issy stepped out of the car and walked towards his classroom. He paused outside Clair's classroom and turned to look inside. He saw her chatting with Angelica and a few other girls.

"Should I invite Clair? No I probably shouldn't... I'm sure there's gonna be a lot other boys inviting her... and she probably wouldn't go with me too..."

Just as Issy was about to move on, he saw a moment that he will never forget.

Davis, one of Clair's classmate, who also liked Clair, saw Issy outside the class. So, just to annoy Issy and show that Clair wasn't Issy's, Davis started messing around with Clair's hair and flirting with her. And Clair started laughing hapily.

It was at that moment that Issy realized the truth. He had no chance at all with Clair.

Issy can't take it anymore. Feeling jeoloused, he quickly turned away and continue to proceed towards his classroom.

"Issy, you're finally here! You're almost late!" Jax exclaimed.

"Ah, yes... Got held up abit at home."

"All right! The nine of us are back together," Alex said happily.

"That sounded.... gay," Hector said, grinning.

And everybody laughed at this.

------

School went on as usual. It was not until the third day that Issy met Clair face to face when they walked past each other in the corridor.

"Um... hi?" Issy said as he looked at Clair.

But Clair gave no signs of hearing Issy and continued to walk down the corridor with her head down, not looking at him.

"Maybe I should just message her instead," Issy thought to himself.

However, Clair always replied with just one or two words, an emoji or most of the time, just seenzone Issy.

After a few days, Issy suddenly understood what was going on. Clair was trying to avoid him.

Issy's heart grew colder everytime Clair ignored or seenzoned him. Eventually he stopped talking to and texting Clair.

Affter this, Issy promised himself to never like or confess to a girl so easily anymore.

------