Chapter 1: The Mysterious Dream

Ivy’s POV:

I was woken up by a dream in the middle of the night, but it wasn’t a nightmare.

I dreamed of transferring to a new school after Graduation (from Grade 6). My dream also showed that I had some kind of charm bracelet, but I don’t know what happened to it (because I woke up).

I tried to go to sleep, but I couldn’t. So I just kept on thinking about the dream. ‘Why did I have that dream? What did it mean? Is it a sign?’ I thought.

Finally, I fell asleep.

---------------

‘What could that dream mean?’ *Rrrrriiiiiing* ‘Could it be a sign?’ *Rrrrrriiiiing* ‘What is that sound?!’

Suddenly, I woke up.

It was just my cellphone. Someone was calling me.

It was Amanda, one of my best friends.

“Hello?” I said.

“Hey Ivy!”

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“I just wanted to tell you that the Graduation has been moved to April 5.”

“Really?!”

“Yup.”

“Okay. Thanks for the news!” I said.

I put down the phone and got ready for school.

I then left.

==========

I arrived at school just in time.

My friends saw me. They were waiting for me.

“Hey! You made it just on time! Come on!” Samantha, my other best friend said.

We went inside the classroom. The teacher also went in.

We started Math Class. The teacher was just discussing about Integers when one of our classmates just suddenly went in the classroom.

“Sorry I’m late!” he said.

“What’s the reason this time?” the teacher said.

Actually, he was almost always late.

He gave his Tardy Slip to her (the teacher) and she continued her lesson.

---------------

When it was already snacks, my friends and I went to the canteen to eat. Usually, it was always full of people, but today was different. There wasn’t any long lines or anybody sitting down on the chairs by the tables. There were just like about 8 persons there, including the canteen workers.

“Looks like everybody’s gone.” Sam said.

“Let’s not mind that anymore. I’m very hungry here you know!” Amanda said.

We sat down on one of the set of chairs.

“By the way, why was the Graduation moved?” I said

“We have no idea, actually.” Sam said.

“Maybe it’s because of the competition that will be held near our old Graduation date.” Amanda said.

“What Competition?” I said.

”The Basketball Competition!” they both said.

“You don’t know that?!” Sam said.

“Uhh..... nope.” I said.

“Everyone’s required to go.” Amanda said.

“Oh. But we better continue this conversation later. It’s already time!” I said.

We rushed to the classroom. Fortunately, we made it just on time, again.

---------------

Later on, it was already dismissal.

We continued our conversation.

“So there’s a competition, huh?” I said. “*Sigh*”

“Oh also, I forgot to tell you that there will be taking of class picture tomorrow.” Amanda said.

“Sure.” I said. “Nothing else?”

“NOTHING!” Sam shouted deeply.

We all laughed while waving goodbye.