14. Priyanka Is Suspicious

Priyanka 's POV

' What actually happened to bhaiya? What was ranveer doing there? How did he saved bhaiya?'

I asked the questions which were disturbing me. Inspector Abeer glanced a look to my dad who gave a slight nod, unnoticed by all except me.

' It was just a coincidence. We were on the same road when the accident happened. The brakes of the car failed and crashed into the tree. The door of the car was jammed. ACP Randhawa saved Mr Oberoi before the car blasted and got injured in the process. That's all. '

He said with a smile but I knew it was fake. I don't know him but I am having a gut feeling that he's lying.

On our reception also, bhaiya called ranveer to talk about something and he returned late night.

Something is really fishy here. These men are hiding something. Dad, bhaiya, Ranveer and this inspector are certainly cooking something and keeping everyone else in dark.

But what? What's the matter? Why don't anyone tell me? There are so many questions in my mind but where would I find my answers? What should I do?

' Me and janvi would pay the bills and complete the paperwork. You two stay with your respective husband. ' Dad said and left with mom with a knowing smile on their faces.

' Say my thanks to Ranveer.' Annika bhabhi said giving me a hug. She left to bhaiya 's room, giving me a wink before opening the door.

I could hear the Inspector giggling behind me. Oh God! Why does my family leave no chance to tease me? I know I am the newly wedded bride but c'mon it's embarrassing when I blush red like tomato in front of everyone. Now I understand bhabhi 's condition after her marriage.

' If you want then I can take you to your husband. ' Inspector said.

I eyed him seriously.

' Don't look at me like this bhabhi. Sorry I couldn't come to your wedding. I am a good friend of Ranveer. We trained together for IPS. If you still don't trust me then ask your husband. '

' Why didn't he ever told you about you? '

' Why would he remember his friends when his beautiful wife is with him? ' He said with a smirk. He looked kind of cute but not more than ranveer.

' He was right. Your smile is really beautiful. I think you should go and meet him. He isn't very patient.' Abeer said while showing me the way. I decided to follow him. He stopped in front of one room and asked me to open the door with his eyes.

I opened the door and ranveer 's eyes locked into mine. I could read them this time. I saw relief, care and ...... joy. Did he liked my presence? I felt happy to find know that I am the reason for his joy.

Bandages covered his stomach, his left shoulder and also his right hand. He was shirtless and trying to wear his shirt. I quickly turned around.

' Why are you being so shy bhabhi? After all he's your husband. ' Abeer said from the door.

' Would you leave now or I need to call nishu bhabhi? ' Ranveer said. His voice clearly showed his frustration and tiredness.

' Fine. I am leaving. Enjoy. ' He left.

' I am sorry for this. He's a good friend but .... ' Ranveer said.

' It's ok ..... do .... you .... need .... any ..... help ...... ' I said hesitantly.

' I would really appreciate it. ' he said slowly.

I turned around and went to him. I was breathing heavily due to our close proximity. I am sure even he could hear my heartbeat.

I helped him to wear his shirt. I
couldn't meet his eyes. I felt a burning sensation whenever I touched his bare torso. He looked so hot even though he was injured. I am grateful he didn't said anything.

When he was ready, he asked....

' How's shivaay bhaiya? '

' He's fine. Annika bhabhi is with him. But I didn't meet him. '

' What? You didn't meet him? Then lets go. '

' But you need rest. You're injured.'

' I can't rest until I see that Shivaay bhaiya is fine by my own eyes. '

He said holding my hand and taking me along. Why is he so stubborn? He needs rest.

Ranveer 's POV

I stumbled a little on the way. She put her hand on my left shoulder to support me. I flinched in pain. Tears formed in her eyes. Why is she crying?

The wounds were fresh and paining already. The contact of her hand did hurt but felt somewhat smoothing the pain. I don't know why.

' It's ok. You didn't hurt me. Don't worry so much about me. '

She nodded slightly. I wiped the lone tear which ran down her left cheek with my thumb. She blushed. Like always, even at my slightest touch.

I decided it's better to walk slowly. But I am getting tensed by each passing minute. My wounds are hurting but I need to talk with Dad and bhaiya. It's not over yet.

Thank God, Dad listened to me and brought Priyanka along with him. Who knows what were they planning to do next? If they can go as far as to harm bhaiya then they can harm Priyanka also. But I won't let them even touch her shadow.

I must also ensure bhaiya 's safety as well. He's the only witness. Don't know what would happened if the intelligence team couldn't track their call, know their plan and message me on time. I just wished that they could track down their locations as well. It would have made the things easier.

' Ranveer .....' I heard her call my name in a low voice.

I stopped to find that she was trying to loosen my grip on her hand. I realised that I held her hand too tightly in tension. I left her hand immediately.

She rubbed it gently to ease the pain. What have I done? I didn't want to hurt her.

' Priyanka, I didn't mean to hurt you. I ..... umm .... '

' It's ok. I know you didn't hurt me intentionally. '

' How? '

' Your eyes say everything when you let your guard down. '

Really? She knows me so well.

' Is everything alright? ' she asked.

' Yes .... ' I said slowly. It's becoming harder to lie to her day by day.

' Then Why are you so tensed. ' she looked worried.

I need to keep my guard up with her or she might get to know the truth.

Hi everyone. I am done with this chapter of the book. Hope you are liking it. Thanks for all the votes and comments. It does means a lot.

I am sorry but I won't be able update next week. I have an exam on 16 June. So the next update would be on 16 or 17 June. Sorry again.