38. Old Friends and New Relationships

Priyanka 's POV

' Now spill the beans Prinku. I want every single detail from day 1 of your love story to today. Tell me everything. '

I rolled my eyes at Pragati aka Pogo.

She's my childhood best friend. We are sisters. Her father and my Dad are best friends and we also carried forward their legacy.

Her parents are like my second parents. We grew up together. We were in the same school and college until the last year of college.

In college we were roommates until the last year of college. In the last year of college, I started taking drugs and so I had to go to the rehab. That was the first time in my life that she wasn't beside me. I missed her a lot.

She did too. She said she won't go to college without me. She's very stubborn and adamant. But I convinced her somehow. I didn't want to hinder her dreams for me.

In that one year a lot of things changed.

' You're asking  as if it's a novel. ' I said.

' Oh c'mon. Don't make excuses now. Didn't I told you everything about mine? Don't waste time and start already. ' She said.

' You didn't just told me, you gave me the biggest shock of my life. ' I said.

When I met her after our year separation, she was engaged. To say that I was shocked was an understatement.

I meet my sister after a year to know that she's in love and engaged. That's was one heck of a shock.

She was a flirt in the school and college. She never made the first move but never disappointed any boy either. I never thought she would settle down in her life so quickly.

' C'mon I want to know how my jiju managed to woo the girl who never talked to strangers without any business and how he managed to somewhat he pull you out of your reserved self. ' she said.

We weren't in much contact last year. After her marriage with Karthik, they shifted to New York. That's where Karthik 's parents live. He's an NRI. I thought to give her them some privacy and moreover she has her own career to look after. She couldn't come for my wedding as she was busy with her first fashion show which was a huge success. I don't mind it. We're best friends. Our friendship is not gonna affected by two years of less contact.

We never hide anything from each other. We know everything about each other. She's the only one who knows about the accident . She had always supported me at my lowest times.

Well looks like it's my turn to told her my love story. But unlike her mine doesn't have a happy ending. Yet. I hope she doesn't get mad.

' I don't know where to start from.' I sighed as she leaned towards my side on the bed.

' The beginning is always a good place to start. It's a shame though that I missed my chance to meet my jiju. I wanted to see how handsome he is. '

' Wait, what? You don't know how he looks? Haven't you seen his photo on my account? '

' No. I haven't seen your account for a year now. Remember I asked you not to see my account when you were...... '

I know she's referring to time when my treatment was finished at the rehab. That time wasn't a good one for me so we barely mention it until I want to talk about that specifically.

' Yeah I do. What about that? '

' You do know Priyanka that it was because I wanted you to meet Karthik in person, not on a Facebook page. So when you told me that you were in love, I thought I shouldn't check your account either. You didn't ask me to but I only thought it will be fair so I didn't. ' she explained.