Chapter 16

I look up into the dark night sky. Stars were alighting the sky. They sparkled brightly. Three cannons had went off today, who knows who it could've been.

My hand stung more than ever before. I would assume that the pain would go away but it only gets stronger. I can hardly throw my knife accurately and my other hand is much more weak. I'm starting to run out of food too, so hunting is essential.

I wish that the Capitol would realize how much pain I'm in. I begin to beg to myself. Please Bay, please get me a sponsor, please I'm in so much pain right now. I probably was looking foolish. Bay had me, Maysilee, and Zedoary to watch.

I sit back, rubbing my hand. I let out an 'ugh' I hope that Bay would see that I'm hurt. I mouth a small 'please' up to the sky. I suddenly hear a ring and see a parachute. Bay was watching me. 'Thank you' I mouth.

I unhitch the silver capsule from the parachute. I open it carefully. A small tube of cream sits inside. I grab it and quickly take the cap off and rub some onto my hand. I feel instant relief. I put the cap back on and stuffed it into my bag.

I hear grass being smashed on the ground, someone's footsteps. I glance down at the ground. I could only see a shadow. It was pretty small, like a child's. I continued to watch them as they walked past my tree quickly, and sly.

They slowly snuck around and climbed a nearby tree. I watched the small shadow. As soon as he got up the tree I see someone else's shadow. The two shadows whisper. I can faintly hear what their saying. I tried to listen but it just sounded like mumbling. I finally turned around just as the anthem was starting.

I looked up into the sky as the projection showing the fallen appeared.

First was a boy from District 4. A stronger one. That's one less career that I had to worry about. It was kind of surprising since the career pack was so big, they couldn't let a member go so easily.

Next was the shy girl from district 5, Farrah, her picture filled the sky. She was so quick and sly, she was already gone.

Lastly I saw the picture that shocked me the most, Isabel Radiance.

That was a shocker. She had a high score of a nine. How can she be gone? I remember the smile from the girl from training. Thrust was still alive that meant. He was probably upset. Whenever I saw them they were like brother and sister. How did she go so early?

The sky blacked out and stars appeared. They still twinkle in the darkness. I continue to look at them. It reminds me of Oakly so much. They shine brightly. I have looked to them much in these games.

I was suddenly interrupted by whispers in a nearby tree. The were soft.

"Mack, be careful," I could faintly hear. Mack. I forgot about Mack. He was still alive. Also he had an ally. Was it the girl from his district? Or from somewhere else? I turned and looked at the tree where the conversation was commencing.

"I will, don't worry Titania," he whispered. Titania, his ally. That name sounded familiar. I remember back to the night when I watched the reapings. Two eighteen year old girls from District 8. One named Titania with golden curly hair.

"Mack, just go to sleep," Titania whispered with worry."I'll take first watch."

"Fine, goodnight," Mack whispered and laid his head down in a sleeping bag. I continued to watch the two.

"Goodnight," Titania whispered while starring blankly into the sky. I felt reassured that Mack was okay. It felt as if I knew that Spruce was okay. I kept looking at Mack's frail body. I can just see Spruce in him. I looked up at Titania's golden curls. Then I realized that we were making eye contact.

"Please, please don't hurt him," she said worriedly and scared. I realized that I still had my knife in my hand. Quickly I put it away.

"I won't," I said, my voice trailed off. She knew that I was here. I could be killed. But I could see no weapons. I wouldn't kill them now, I couldn't. I felt as if I wanted Mack to be okay, and as long as Titania was protecting him, he would be okay.

She continued to stare into my eyes. I had the feeling that she didn't trust me yet. I looked at her and mouthed 'I promise' she nodded and laid her head down on a small blanket. She watched Mack protectively. She cared about him. I guess someone from Mack's district did care about him. She hadn't ignored him.

I turned back around and let my eyes fall heavy. Mack would be okay. I slowly fell asleep listening to the chirping of crickets. I didn't want to hurt them.

This felt like the first peaceful moment I've had in the games.

Hai,

I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating. I hope you guys like this chapter though.

Next chapter should be posted later this week.

Also I've been wanting to do another Maysilee POV soon and I was wondering if you wanted any other characters POV. It could be a tribute like Zedoary or one of the careers or it could be a person outside the games like Bay or Gigi or even someone from District 12.

Please comment whose POV I should do next and thank you guys for all the reads!

Bye