Please, Be My Host (Ouran Host Club Fanfic)

I do not own any characters from Ouran Host Club or Ouran Host Club

Chapter 1

I wasn't born wealthy. Actually, my family was deep in poverty. I had a hard childhood. My twin sister Alice and I were all each other had. We would go to a poor quality daycare with an old tire as our playground. All of us kids whose parents worked day jobs were shoved into a small, foul smelling building. It was rough. From 6am to 6pm we would sit in the claustrophobic room, listening to an aggravated teacher try and settle us down. My sister was a pansie. Always was, always will be. She was a delicate little flower. But I wasnt. I was a persistent, tough dandelion that refused to go away. My twin and I always looked similar, but our personalities were far from the same. They still aren't even close.

When we would get picked up, mom would drive home wearily, exhausted from her job at the laundromat, with dad by her side, rubbing his arms, trying to push back the pain from working in the store room. Alice and I would sit and watch our greasy, dirty town speed by the window. I would care for her when we got home and mom and dad would sleep. That was until we were 12. We were in 6th grade when the fateful day came. We trudged down the stairs that morning, in our hand me down pajamas, me holding Alice's hand. Mom was there, and so was dad. But there also was another lady in a teal dress. A dress that looked familiar. A dress my mother designed. It had always been her dream to be a designer, and my fathers to be a buisnessman. I saw the look of pure, uninterrupted joy on my mother's face. Utter glee. That was the day my world changed.

A lady named Glenda Song had seen my mothers sketches on the Internet and decided that my mother would make a good apprentice. Glenda was rich, famous, and charismatic. My mother eagerly accepted the offer, and we became filthy rich. Our days of struggling to make ends meet were over. That same day, my father received a call that his uncle had died tragically in a car crash. My father had no idea that he had an uncle because his mother never told him she had a brother. My father, Jonathan Sloane's grandma had an illegitimate son, and my dad's mother refused to accept him into the family, so she never told her only son of his uncle. But when my unknown great uncle died, his multi-billion dollar company was passed onto my father. In our family, we ways refer to that day as 'the lucky day'. That day, our lives turned upside down. No more taxing, unrelenting work hours, no more financial insecurity. We packed our bags and got the hell out of our puny, disgusting neighborhood and moved to Japan, where my father's business headquarters were located. Alice and I quickly learned Japanese and got used to living in our gigantic new home. We could have anything ad everything we wanted. But one thing never changed. My mother and father never had time for us. Riches and fame couldn't replace paternal love and care. So we still stayed as close as ever, keeping to ourselves. If anyone teased Alice, I would beat them up. And if anyone teased me, Alice would cry. Then I would beat them up for making my sister cry. Life was a giant, boring routine. Everything was the same. Dinner with famous, rich people trying to take advantage of us, trying to befriend not us, but our fame. Our legend. But that all changed when we enrolled at Ouran Academy.