8. Chicken

"Why couldn't you just be a normal guy, Cole? You and Phoebe were meant to be!" I yelled in frustration at the TV. I was having another Charmed marathon and stuffing my face with ice cream.

The break up wasn't really what had me down. Well, it did in a way. I was upset because I'd hurt Colt. He was in love with me and I broke his heart. But I couldn't help I didn't feel the same. If Chris wasn't in my life, I'd probably of fallen in love with Colton. I loved Colton, but not the same way he loved with me. I felt bad about it too. He deserved the world and more. I wasn't that.

"Shit! No! Watch out! BEHIND YOU!" I scream, throwing my hands up. Ice cream went flying, but I was too caught up in my show.

"Delaney! Stop screaming! And watch your mouth!" My mom called from her office down the hall. She was working from home today. She's lazy like me and wanted to stay home.

"Sorry mom." I mumbled. "Paige was about to get attacked by a demon and I was trying to warn them. They listen to me. Piper froze him, thanks to my yelling." I smiled happily, then shoveled ice cream in my mouth.

"Right. They can hear you. Just whisper it next time. I have to get this in by two and I'm not even half way done. Oh shit. I only have three hours!" My mom huffed. I laughed at her.

"Watch your mouth, mommy!" I called to her, laughing to myself.

"Shut the hell up, Abigail." She called back, calling me by my middle name. I grunted in response. I hated when she used my middle name.

I returned my focus to the 'power of three' as Piper and Phoebe and Paige battled demons. They kicked ass and I wish I had powers like them. I was a kid at heart, and you can only wish. Beside me, my phone started to buzz and I tried ignoring it. But I couldn't and ended up looking down at it. My wonderful best friend was calling and butterflies erupted in my ice cream filled stomach.

"You rang?" I answered, pausing my show.

"I'm bored. What are you doing?" Chris said from the other line. I looked at my show, then my ice cream.

"Watching Charmed and stuffing my face full of ice cream. Come over." I said, shortening the time I had to be away from my wonderful life of witches and demons.

"On my way." Chris said, then the line went dead. I pressed play, and devoured more ice cream.

Chris lived fairly close I heard his motorcycle pull up. In walked my best friend dressed in a tight black shirt and jeans. He fell down beside me, snatching my ice cream from me.

"Hey, asshole. Give it back." I growled, reaching for the tub. He smirked, then held it further away. He took a big spoon full and put it in his mouth.

"Nope. Why are you having a depression day anyways?" He said, referring to my show and food. I gave him a look, still trying to grab my wonderful frozen goodness.

"Things with Colt are over with, and I figured this is what I normal girl would do after a break-up?" It came out more as a question. He looked over at me as if to ask, really? "Okay. Well things did end, but I'm not mourning about it. I just feel bad about it. Colt was head over heels in love with me, and I'm not being conceited. He confessed it and everything. I just didn't feel the same and we obviously weren't going anywhere.

"I mean, I did love him. But not in the way he loved me. Colton was great. He was an amazing boyfriend. He just wasn't meant to be with me. Surely he'll find someone better than me. He's not ugly. He's actually hot as hell. But eh." I explained to my best friend as he ate my ice cream. I glared at him until he gave me the tub back. I smiled happily, then shoveled some of the frozen goodness in my mouth.