Chapter 1 A New Commander.

"Who do ya reckon the new commander's gonna be Tye?" asked Tick, checking over his standard issue blaster rifle as his eye tick began to twitch involuntarily.
"Heard anything about them?" asked Tick's accidental twin Tock, who clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth and made a sound like his name.

"I only heard that the commander is a female and that we'd apparently be rather okay with them," replied Tye taking a seat beside the accidental twins.

Although all clones were practically identical, Tick and Tock were different in the fact that, in addition to looking slightly different to a normal clone trooper, the twins had somehow managed to split during the cloning process. They were apparently the first, though Tye had his doubts.

For a start, almost all clones considered 'defects' were often terminated by the Head Scientist Nala Se. But somehow the 'normal' clones of Orange Company had been missed or, the more likely of the two in Tye's mind, had been ignored deliberately as a test.

Normal clones had a form of brown/hazel eyes whereas the accidental twins before him had blue/green eyes. The twins also had darker skin than other clones, dull red hair, Tock had slightly less than average intelligence and slight brain damage, Tick had developed an eye twitch in early clone growth along with other bizarre qwerks that made Tye consider them the best second in commands anyone could ask for.

He just hoped that the new commander would consider it as well, like their old commander Neeran had.

The low whine of an incoming ship alerted the company in Nabat that their new commander had arrived.

"Guess we're about to find out," said Tye, watching as the ship landed on the outskirts of the Twi'lek city of Nabat.

As their previous commander Neeran had left much earlier that morning, Orange Company was not expecting anyone else to arrive in the area. As the members of Orange Company gathered around to see the new commander, something told Tye that things in both their lives and the galaxy they were living in were about to change drastically.

Though for better or for worse was not yet clear...

"No way." began the whispers around Tye, Tick and Tock.
"It can't be..."
"It's her."
"She came back?"

<Later...>

To say the clone troopers weren't slightly surprised would definitely be an understatement.

After all, they had all seen their commander, General Neeran Zaneshi, leave with her Padawan Hiccup Hanonai that very morning.

And yet, there she was.

Sitting right there in front of them.

As alive as ever.

Minus a Padawan.

"Let me get this straight," started Tye slowly. "You're saying that you and our previous commander are one and the same person, only, you're a clone like us?"
"Exactly," replied 'Neeran', though to Tye, her voice sounded more robotic.
"How is that even possible?" asked Tye. "I thought Jedi couldn't be cloned?"

"I don't know how it happened, but I am here am I not?"
"Yes..." replied Tye, drawing out his response. "But I still don't understand."
"Neither do I," said the new clone Neeran. "But we have new orders Captain."

"Orders, General?" asked Tye, snapping into soldier mode.

Neeran had stood up and went to continue but stopped when she locked eyes with the twins standing behind Captain Tye, and raised her eyes as if demanding an explanation as to why they were still there.