Chapter 2

After school Rose was going to take the bus when Justin stopped her “Hey Rose, you don’t have to take the bus, I can give you a drive to your house.”

 Rose hesitated “No thanks, the bus is fine with me.” Rose didn’t want to go with him because it might appear as if they were dating. She didn’t want him to have feelings for her, her biggest fear in love was to be broken hearted or to make someone broken hearted, and she didn’t have feelings for Justin.

 “I insist, please.” Justin begged her.

 “Justin I am sorry I can’t. I will take the bus.”

 “Ok” he said sadly. Rose was about to turn away and leave but he didn’t want to end the conversation. “Where do you want to go on Saturday?”

 “Anywhere is fine with me” she smiled softly

 “I think it would be nice if we went to the amusement park, what do you think?”

 “Fine with me, let’s meet at 4 o’clock.”

 “Cool” Justin said as Rose entered the bus. He watched the bus leaving with his head not thimking about anything but her. He was popular of his way of charming; they vould fall for him by a blink of an eye but her it was the really hard mission to make someone who has a mate fall for somebody else.

                                 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Rose entered the house and kissed her dad who was watching the television in the living room. She went to the kitchen to prepare some food for them, her dad helped her to prepare the table and then they sat and began eating.

 “How was school today?” he said taking a bite of his food.

 “Nothing unusual, but a boy named Justin introduced himself to me today. He want me to go with him to the dance next week. He wants me too to hang out with him, he even offered to give me a drive today.” Rose laughed, she thought it was crazy that all of the sudden she found a boy that cared about her that much.

 “Wow I think that this guu likes you.” her dad smiled

 “I really hope not” she said shaking her head and looking to her plate chewing her food.

“Why? You don’t like him?"

Rose paused for a moment, Justin wasn't bad, he was cute and he had everything a girl would wish for, she remembered how she noticed girls giggling when he passed by, but for Rose, her heart didn't move at the sight of him, she wasn't nervous when he asked her out, she knew that if one day she liked someone her heart will keep beating so hard whenever she thought of his name, she believed she will be totally nervous when he approach her so she answered her dad, “Not really, you know dad I never had feelings for any guy before. No boy ever was able to touch my heart, but I will agree to justin’s offer and I will go out with him and I will be his partner at the dance, I really need some new friends and I think this is a good way to start a friendship, or what do you think?”

 Her dad approached her and hugged her “Darling, enjoy your life. But please be careful, I don’t want to lose you as I..... lost your sister Elizabeth." His face changed when he said Elizabeth’s name. His eyes were filled with pain and sadness, some taers were in his eyes but he was able to stop them. He sighed sadly as he remembered her.

 Rose couldn’t understand her father, how come he was that sad because of Elizabeth’s loss and he refused to look for her she couldn't hide her curiosity though she had asked him this question many times before “I still don’t understand why didn’t you look for her, and instead you wanted us to leave town” Rose missed her sister very much though Elizabeth was treating her in a very bad way before her escape, but when she remembered Elizabeth she always remembered the loving one, the one she had amazing times with, and memories that she will never be able to forget.

 Her father sad eyes answered her with silence, but after a while he began speaking “Believe me it wasn’t easy for me to do this, but you have to understand that I have my reasons, we left town for your safety. Be certain that one day you will understand and thank me for what I did.” He kissed her forehead and headed to his room.

 Rose put the plates in the kitchen, she decided that she will wash them later, then she headed to the bathroom to take a shower. She felt the hot water running over her body and that let the thoughts out of her head, she thought about her father’s words for you safety She thought about his words wondering. Was she in danger? And from what? She was confused but she decided not to ask her father again, her heart broke when she saw his sad face and she didn’t want to bring up the memory and make him sad again.