Chapter 5

Saturday has come and it was the day of meeting Justin in the amusement park Rose felt really nervous, not because she was excited it was because of what happened between him and Jane. All The day she was telling herself that It was ok to go but her heart told her that it wasn’t ok at all, one of the reasons was that she felt that he might think that she liked him but she didn’t, she really needed advice but she couldn’t ask Jane because she was certain that after what had happened she would tell her not to go, so she decided to ask her dad.

 She walked out of her bedroom and she knew that he will be sitting in the balcony admiring the beautiful scene around the house. Their house was surrounded by large trees of rare kinds and her dad was fond of nature.

 As she expected she found her dad sitting in the balcony reading, she took a seat next to him. Once he saw her he put his book down and smiled at her a kind smile, he knew she came to take his advice whether to meet Justin or not, he was glad that she wanted his opinion, Wickham admired everything about his daughter, he felt that she was the most valuable thing he got in life, he was ready to give up on anything and everything for her own happiness, he loved when she came and talked to him telling him about her day, he wanted to know everything about her and make sure that what happened with Elizabeth won’t happen to her.

 Rose began speaking and told him what happened between Jane and Justin “Do you think I should apologize and decline his offer and make up any excuse.”

 He went silent for a moment appearing that he was in deep thought he wanted to tell her to stay at the house and not to go anywhere, he was jealous that at any moment a guy would come and steal his daughter from him, he was also concerned about what Jane did, but he wasn’t the type who took things difficult and he thought maybe Jane was jealous and didn’t want Rose to go with Justin, he wanted his daughter’s happiness and nothing more.

 His thoughts were cut off by his daughter “Dad, do you think I should go?”

 He smiled at her “Enjoy your life darling if you stayed afraid you will not do anything in your life. Be brave.”

 Rose smiled at her father’s words “Thanks dad” she said kissing his cheek and running to her bedroom to get ready.

 While she was doing her hair, a flashback of several conversations between her and her father came to her mind, he always reminded her to be strong and brave. ‘There must be a reason’ she thought to herself but she never knew what it is.

                     ------------------------------------------

 It was 4 o’clock sharp when she arrived, she hated being late and make someone wait for her, once she got there she found Justin waiting for her.

 “I have been waiting for so long” Justin took her hand and kissed it.

 “What? It is 4 o’clock sharp.” She ignored the part of him kissing her hand and considered it just a gentleman manner.

 “I know but I was so excited so I have been waiting here all day, let’s go in, I promise you we will have a lot of fun.” He put his arm around her shoulder as they entered. She hated him touching her but her politeness stopped her from pushing his arm away though she wanted to do this very badly.

 The day was very fun the only bad part was Justin always trying to hold her hands, this annoyed Rose very much she didn’t know why but it just annoyed her.

 It was getting dark and the moon started to show up, it send its beautiful light making everything magical. Rose was taken by the beautiful view, Justin saw her face wondering in the stars and admired her beautiful figure.

 “Do you know that you are more beautiful than those stars? You have a lot more beauty, you’re the most beautiful creature I have ever seen.” He whispered to her.

 She loved his sweet words and smiled at him softly “thank you” Her hair flew by the soft air and Justin knew it was the right time.

 “Rose please close your eyes” He said softly. He had a way of saying the words and make them feel like soft air coming through the soul and make the person in front of him hypnotized. Rose couldn’t resist his sweetness and closed her eyes without thinking. She could feel heat coming closer to her, she could smell Justin’s perfume so strong that made her hypnotized, she could hear his breath in her ear then suddenly she felt something strange on her lips and soon she released it was Justin’s lips. She opened her eyes quickly and pushed him away slapping him on his face ‘How foolish I am, I should have expected that’ she thought to herself and then she turned to Justin and couldn’t control her anger though he gave her a very sweet first kiss but she didn’t want it.

“What part of we are just friends you didn’t understand!? Now you made me hate you instead of getting my heart.” She shouted at him. All eyes were directed at them but she didn’t care.

 “I am so sorry Rose I love you and I thought it was the only way. please forgive me and give me another chance. I love you Rose. What have I done to make you hate me this much?” His sad face made Rose feel pity for him a little but she couldn’t forgive him. She was clear with him from the very beginning, she couldn’t bear to see his face so she turned away and left without saying a word.