Chapter 9

Rose took off the necklace she was wearing and put it on the small table beside her bed, but then she noticed something unusual; there was a white folded paper on it, it wasn’t like something her dad will do and leave her a message on the table, he would rather sent her a text message. Confused she took the paper and unfolded it and then she began reading:

 Dear Rose,

       I know how strange it is to find this in your bedroom, but you have to get used to strange things happening in you life. I found you, Rose and this means that this is the right time for you to know everything. You aren’t just another human, you have the royal blood of veniors and since you were born human, this means that you would take the throne after your mother, yes your mother. You have a great power and you are so strong even stronger than me, but it will show after your 20th birthday. For these three years you need to be protected from dinchies and ranicories. My duty in life is to protect you, I was created for this. I would sacrifice my whole life for you, though it would be a pity not to live with your beautiful face. That face that when I saw, I was overwhelmed and I knew I fell in love at first sight. It was written in our destiny.

                                                                                    Love,

                                                                                    Jason  

 Rose stared at the letter speechless, she was frozen in her place not believing what she read but… somethings proved it was true like how she didn’t even have a crush on any guy, but when she saw Jason it was love. And the reason behind her mother’s death, the strange tattoo on her back, Jason’s two friends asking about it, her sister’s escape, it was all strange. Rose laid in her bed with the paper in her hand reading it over and over again, 3 things were on her mind; the words ‘veniors’ ‘dinchies’ ‘ranicories’ and when he mentioned her mother and how he said he loved her at first sight. Though the surprise she was a bit happy by reading love at first sight. After many hours of thinking she managed to sleep…

 In the morning, Rose woke up forgetting what happened yesterday but not for long when she found the paper on her pillow, she looked at it and sighed ‘This is unbelievable I thought it was just a dream’ she thought. Without looking at the mirror or even combing her hair she went downstairs, when she was about to reach the living room, she heard laughing sounds, it was obvious that they had guests. Uncaring she walked to the living room thinking that he’s her father’s bestfriend who is used to visit them and is used to see her like this.

 “Good morning, dad” she walked to him and kissed his forehead.

 “Good morning, love. We have a guest today.” He smiled at her and pointed to the other sofa, her mouth dropped when she saw that this guest wasn’t her father’s best friend, he was Jason.

 ‘GOD this is so embarrassing, I didn’t even comb my hair.’ She thought wanting to just disappear so he couldn’t see her like this. But he just stood up and walked over her staring at her eyes and handed her a flower “You look so beautiful” he said.

 Rose was just staring at his eyes thinking that it’s just a dream, ‘How come he thinks I am beautiful when I look like this? Are we in a romantic movie or something? But it’s ok with me if it’s just a beautiful dream that will make me wake up in an amazing mood, and make me daydream all day about him’ the thoughts were rushing through her mind as she was staring at his eyes and him doing the same too, as if they were a beautiful painted picture, and that they were created to be together.

 “Uhm.” Her dad broke the silence causing them to return back to reality “Rose I think you should go change, Jason want to take you out cause he has some important things to tell you.”

 “Uh yes” Rose quickly remembered the letter and she ran towards her room with the rose in her hand. From her small library she took a book that her father used to read her when she was little, about a girl who waited a 1000 years to find her true love , she put the flower between its pages. Then she wore a light blue dress and high heels, she curled her hair and made sure she looked her best for him.