24

ciara - I bet

chapter twenty four

I wake up and let out a small yawn , taking in my surroundings and remembering I was in diallo's room.

brazil was still asleep beneath me and surprisingly diallo was beside me, watching the movie.

"it's about time you wake up." he says, noticing me. "you fell asleep before the movie could even introduce the main characters."

"how long have I been sleeping for?"

"only half an hour. " he replies. "but that rat has been sleeping for a damn year. " he mutters referring to brazil.

I chuckle and sit up, checking the time on my phone . "4.10 pm" I read aloud. "what do you think of the movie though?"

"it's good. meryl streep has always been a good actress." he replies. "I might continue watching it."

"really?" my eyes lit up.

"nah, i'm playing , but yeah meryl is a good actress." he chuckles.

I roll my eyes as my phone pings. it was a text from enais.

enais💕: we're on our way back. momma said thank you & u can go if u want

me: okay ima leave anyway i need to see marquise 🙄

enais💕: lol yall fell out again?

me: uh huh, bout to apologise to him for something i aint even do .. tbh idk what i done but what everrrrrr
enais💕: good luck😂😂

I lock my phone and skedaddle off the bed slowly , trying my best not to wake up brazil.

I slide my sneakers back on and place my phone inside my pocket.

"I been told I can go now." I mention. "i'm relying on you to come through with those three dresses though."

"don't worry about it shawty. i'll get it done." he holds out his hand for me to shake it.

"deal." I shake his hand firmly before placing my hands in my cardigan pockets.

"you want me to walk you to the door?" he offers.

I bite the inside of my mouth and raise my eyebrows. "well, if you want."

he shakes his head. "you are difficult."

"how?" I chuckle.

"you know you want me to walk you to the door so just let me." he says, standing up.

I grin as he leads the way out of his room. we walk down the staircase and he opens the front door for me.

"i'll see you around." I hug him and he hugs back surprisingly.

"yeah, have a good time with marquise." he smirks.

I raise an eyebrow. "wait, how do you know about marquise?"