25

bryson tiller - don't

chapter twenty-five

I was a mess. I lifted my head up from the steering wheel and wiped a tear that managed to escape.

if I went home ; mom and lizzie would interrogate me and ask questions and I wasn't in the mood. especially after what I just witnessed.

I was lost, confused and mad all at once. I had never been cheated on in my life. I mean, I hadn't ever been in a serious relationship but no one had ever disrespected me like that.

I called ayana's number but it went straight to voicemail. I tried enais' number and she picked up after the second ring.

"enais." I sobbed.

there was silence and then a voice replied. "yo, it's diallo. enais left her phone down in the kitchen, want me to bring it to her?"

"um, is she awake?" I ask, sniffing.

"nah, she's sleeping. want me to wake her up for you?"

"no, no I don't wanna bother her." I say.

"you good ryan? you sound like you've been crying."

I bite my lip slowly, breathing heavily."can I come over?"

"of course shawty."

I sigh and sniffle again. "aight, i'm on my way . bye. "

"cool." he hangs up and I wipe my face before starting up the engine again.

rain starts pouring down which only dampened my mood even more. I was driving recklessly, passing through red lights and swerving all over the place.

I didn't really care if I got a ticket. I just needed to be somewhere warm around someone who actually cared about me.

I got out of the car and jogged up to the front door once I finally arrived. diallo opened it before I could ring the doorbell. i'm guessing he was waiting at the window or something.

"you're soaking." he says, looking at my drenched clothes.

"I know." I murmur, stepping into the warm house.

he closes the door behind me and we walk up to his bedroom through the dark house. it was 6.00 - something by now . I was surprised enais was sleeping so early.