37

nicki minaj - girlfriend

chapter thirty seven

I walk around the store as I pick up anything that catches my eye, refusing to look at the prices.

I chuck them into my basket and browse the underwear collection.

I grab a matching pink bra and panty set and stuff it into the basket before making my way to the queue.

I wait patiently and reply to ayana's text to waste time.

ayanaaaxo: coming over today with snacks😋

me: yay i'm hungry anyway

ayanaaaxo: you at home?

me: h&m real quick. i'll be home in ten minutes

ayanaaaxo: okay, i'm leaving my house in a second anyway.

me: okay ttyl 💕

ayanaaaxo: 😘

texting her actually wasted a lot of time and by the time I read her last message ; it was my turn to checkout.

the cashier scanned the four items and then I paid with my credit card . she hands me the bag and I take it, smiling.

"have a nice day." she chimes.
"you too." I say.

I chuck the bag in the passenger seat and leave the town and make my way home.

it was a nice calm day today.

the sun wasn't out , neither was it raining either. it was just still and the air was warm, but also carried a breeze.

I loved when the weather wasn't doing the most.

I finally arrive home and bring my bag inside with me.

the smell of chicken lingered strongly from the kitchen and of course my greedy ass had to see what was cooking.

by the stove was mom and ... diallo.

"oh, uh , hello." I say, catching their attention.

they both turn around and look at me - mom smiling and diallo just staring as if he had never seen me before.

"hey honey." mom says, untying her apron and placing it inside the apron cupboard.

"sup shawty." diallo speaks, as he stirs whatever was in the pot.

"what's .. going on?" I inquire, walking further inside.

"well, at my birthday, I invited diallo to come over and cook us dinner. he was telling me he likes to cook in his spare time.. so I wanted to put him to the test and see if he's good. " she explains.

diallo's back was still turned towards us as he continued stirring and adding stuff to his cauldron.

"he is pretty good." I mention.