The Secret

A Week Later

Lex has been acting very to her self the past couple days. Sticking to Jack, Heart and me. She's even been staying back on runs.

The guys had all went out on a run and Cristine was in the kitchen with little Sebby making dinner for when they came back. I saw Lex sitting on the couch and she pats the seat next to her, telling me to sit with her.

"Blake I have something to tell you." She said.

"Okay, I'm all ears."

"You've gotta promise me not to tell anyone."

"Cross my heart."

"Okay," She takes a deep breath "... I'm pregnant."

"Well that's not what I was expecting."

"I haven't gotten my period in almost two months. I took you and Jack out on that run last week so I could get a pregnancy test... It was positive."

"Who's the father?"

"Heart, but I haven't told him and you can't tell him either. We were just in the mood, we don't love each other that way."

"Don't worry, it'll be okay. Have you told anyone besides me?"

"Just Jack. I just don't know how I'm gonna tell Heart."

"You've got some time. You'll figure it out."

"Okay... I can live with this."

Heart and the guys come back and throw down they're bags.

"You guys are home late." Lex said.

"We know, South half the city is pretty much wiped clean. The North West is over run with probably a couple thousand dead. The East isn't too bad but it's pretty infested too." Jack said.

"We had to walk all the way to the north and all the way back. My feet are killing me." Sim said.

"Well at least I parked closer than usual." Heart said.

"Yeah closer, if you can even call two blocks closer." Mark said.

"Whatever, Blake come on." Heart said.

"I need to teach you how to drive. It's gonna take a couple weeks so I'm gonna start teaching you now."

"Well okay."

We go out to the pick up truck and he tells me the basics. I start driving and get a feel for the truck.

"Think I get it. Not as hard as I thought it would be." I said.

"Yeah... Hey, can I tell you something?" Heart asked.

"Hit me."

"I think I'm in love." He said.

"Wait. Wait. Wait. Hold on." I say and stop the truck. "Who are you in love with?"

"...Lex. I know I sound crazy but I've been with her in this hell so long and I just can't help but feel something there."

"I understand, but bro why you telling me of all people!?" I asked.

"You're my little buddy and I thought you could give me a bit of advice." He said.

"Well I don't know what to tell you except go for it."

"Really? What do you think she'll say?" He asked.

"I have no idea, but there's no harm trying. It's the end of the world man."

"I guess so... I'll think about it."