The Run

In the morning we all had breakfast. After breakfast we went outside to get our jobs for the day.

"Ok guys, today I want PJ, Mark and Jack to work on the wall, make it stronger if you run out of material we'll be back with more. Chase, Lex, Sim, and Blake your coming with me on a run. Let's go." Heart announced.

I walk up to Sim, "Do you go on runs like this often?" I asked.

"Heart doesn't always take me, but he goes out pretty often." He said.

"Should I be scared?"

"No," he said "everything will be fine. You made it it this long you must know how to take care of yourself."

"Yeah I guess so."

We got in the truck and headed for the city.

"So we're going to stop outside the city and go the rest of the way on foot. Chase, Blake stay together. I'll take Sim and Lex. We need food, and MED's, some bandages also. You guys ready?" Heart said.

"Yeah, but why did you have to pare me with this little brat?" Chase exclaimed.

"She's not a brat! Fuck off Chase and keep your thoughts to yourself!" Sim yelled.

"Chill! Before I put you down myself squirt." Chase said.

"Try me!"

"Ok we're going to stop here. Let's go." Heart said.

We get out the truck and start walking. Eventually we hit the city. We go to what looked to be a Walmart. Chase and I go for the pharmacy while the others get food. Chase stands behind the counter while I look in the aisles.

"Ok so what did we need?" I asked.

"Some antibiotics. Grab a few aspirin, some- AHHHH"

Chase disappears behind the counter.

"Oh my god Chase!" I said, running to him.

"Help me! AHHH!"

BAM-BAM

Chase lies behind the counter multiple bites taken out of him.

"Chase I'm so sorry."

"What happened!" Heart yelled

"Oh my god! Chase!" Lex said.

Tear's fall down my cheeks. I feel so bad. It's all my fault.

"Sim take Blake out of here. She doesn't need ta see dis."

Sim and I walk to a different part of the store. He holds me tight.

BAM

A single shot is heard from the pharmacy. Lex and Heart walk to us in tears.

"Come on guys, let's go." Heart muttered.

I can't believe it. It's all my fault.