Chapter 1, A Murder

It happened a while back when I was about four years old and still a bit of a naive brat. I was playing with my toys in my room with the door closed while my mother and father were watching tv in the family room.

It was only a few minutes after I had started playing that I heard one of the windows of our house open. It was quiet but I heard it. It was then that I shut off the lights in my room and hid in the very right-side corner of my room within my already made blanket/pillow fort that my mother and I had made earlier that day.

It was then, just as I hid myself the door to my room had opened, revealing someone who had a mask covering their face with a gun in one hand and a knife in the other. A moment later the intruder began to scan my room and then just as quickly as the intruder had opened my door and looked around he left leaving my door wide open.

I waited for this persons' footsteps to retract down the hall a bit before I let out a quick sigh of relief and re-submerge from my hiding spot. As soon as I climbed out, as if on cue I heard both of my parents screams coming from down the hall in the family room. so as quickly and as quietly as I could I grabbed my stuffed elephant off my bedroom floor and made my way towards the family room.

When I got to the family room I hid behind one of the couches and stayed as quiet as I could, watching the scene continue to unfold in front of me.

My mother and father were both on the floor with gunshot wounds littering their bodies and crying out in agony and in sadness.

The man from earlier seemed to have had enough of their crying and decided to end both their lives, not with his gun but with his knife.

I sat there frozen to my spot in fear knowing that if i revealed myself he would kill me too. I did nothing but watch him.

He stabbed my mother in her heart and slowly twisted the knife inside of her chest cavity, and when he was done toying with and killing my mother he did the same to my father but, this time also stabbed him in the stomach.

My father and mothers' blood had sprayed and stained the walls with blood.He loved it.

After he was done killing them both he carefully brought the knife to his tongue and licked the blood off of it as if my parent's blood was the best tasting blood in the world.

I was disgusted by this man in front of me and shaking from the extreme fear I felt if I was to ever be found out and from witnessing the brutal murdering of my beloved parents.

It was after this man was done licking his knife that he laughed and smiled as he looked over towards the couch I was hiding behind.

He found me. I knew that I had to make a run for it whether I liked it or not. So, I got up from where I was currently hiding and started running. Not a moment later the man followed me and when I looked back to see if he was following me I tripped over my foot and fell face first into the floor.

The man had caught up with me and then kneeled down and picked me up by my hair.

"Owwww!!!"

"Oh?, I'm sorry does that hurt little girl?" "I don't care."

"Now listen here you little brat, if you tell anyone that I murdered your parents I'll find you and kill you too." "Understood you brat?"

I gave the man a curt nod of my head and he let me fall to the floor. He then began to make his way out of the house.

"Oh, and by the way, I don't care if you decide to hate me because at one point you'll be so wrapped up in trying to hate me that you'll eventually end up like me."

I said nothing to the man as he continued to make his way out of my parents' house.

As soon as he opened the door police tackled him to the ground not caring about the mess that was made.

The man who had just murdered my parents in front of my eyes had just gotten a taste of his own medicine. I was happy but only for a moment.

I got up from the floor and made my way back to the family room where police and now a few paramedics and crime scene cleaners had begun to clear away the blood that splattered the walls and my parents' dead bodies along with the intruder.

Once the police noticed me they instructed me to stay put where I was.

I moved from my spot anyways not actually caring if they had their guns pointed at me because now I no longer had the ones I loved with me by my side.

One of the policemen then got angry at me and then walked over to me and held me down while another had put me in handcuffs and had to lead me out of the house.

As both of the officers were leading me outside of the house a paramedic had shouted for the policemen to stop for a moment so that she could hand me something to keep me comfort.

Both policemen just looked at each other and shrugged and waited for the paramedic to give the thing she wanted to give me.

The paramedic had gone and picked up my stuffed elephant and quickly handed "her" to me. I smiled at the female paramedic and she did the same. After that, the policemen continued to lead me out of my house.

They then sat me in the back seat of their car and began driving. They drove and drove until we reached an asylum or hospital of some sort. Once we parked they took me out of the backseat and we made our way inside where I was checked in and then taken to a room filled with white padding a bed, and a toy chest.

I was then taken inside the room where I had been sat down and been told to wait for a doctor.

This time I did as I was told to.

It was about 15 minutes later that a doctor had walked into my room and had told me to stand up and follow him. I did as told to and followed behind him.

After 20 minutes of walking, we arrive at the doctors' office where the nurse was waiting for me.

The doctor had ordered the nurse to check my medical history and check me for any abnormalities. The nurse listened and did as instructed. After five minutes nothing had come up and the doctor smiled.

The doctors' smile was a bit unnerving now that I think about it but, being the little kid I was, I wasn't scared because I thought it was as normal as all the other smiles that I had gotten in my lifetime. How wrong I was to believe that it was.

That smile told the tale of the many various operations and experiments that they were going to perform on me.

After many years of being there, I became emotionless and felt more and more like a tool to be used rather than a person who was going to carve their path in the world.

And the funny thing is that one day when I had already been there for about 4 years I had found myself to have weird whisker-like marks on my cheeks along with a set of cat ears and a cat tail.

The nurse had found this out and had given me a sweater to wear around my waist and until this day I'm still wearing it.

Now having been released from that hell hole I now wonder if the people at the high school I'm going to will accept me. Well, I guess I'll have my answer when the first day of school comes tomorrow.

......................................................................................................................................................

So how'd you like the first chapter, my fellow readers? Tell me in the comments below! And as always...Till next time my fellow readers~!!!!!!!!8)