Chapter 2, A new Chapter

-The present day-

"BEEP!, BEEP, BEEP!" 

That was the sound of my alarm going off signaling that it was already 7:40 and that it was time to get up.

"*Sigh* Alright, alright...just stop beeping already alarm clock," I said as I got out of bed and went to shut off my alarm clock.

Once my alarm clock had been shut off I had grabbed a pair of jeans, one of my shirts, and my sweater and had begun to make my way to my bathroom. Once I finished getting dressed I grabbed my backpack along with my phone and my phone charger and my shoes and made my way to my dining room/kitchen.

I then set my backpack down on one of my dining room chairs and opened it and put my phone charger in the front pouch and then closed it again.

I then sat down on one of the chairs and had put on my shoes and when I was done I grabbed an apple for breakfast and my backpack and then began to make my way out of my house but not without grabbing my house keys on the way out.

About 15 minutes later I had arrived at school and made my way onto the so-called"playground".

I was scared. I felt as if I wasn't ready to begin. I mean what if people don't like me or worse don't accept me and end up finding my secret out? 

 Yes, when I first began I had all of these thoughts running through my head. I was nervous. I kept thinking these things until a girl had come up to me to tell me that the bell had rung already and that it was time to go inside.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I hadn't noticed! I scolded myself before I thanked the girl and made my way inside.

When I went inside I was greeted by the principal of the school. His name was Mr.Anderson. He greeted me warmly as he handed me a slip of paper that read my advisory room and my advisory teachers' name.

I greeted him just as warmly and thanked him and walked down the hall towards my advisory room where I was greeted by a woman. She introduced herself as Mrs.Zuniga.

"Ah, so that's how you say her name." I thought to myself. 

I then smiled and then introduced myself as well.

"Well then Layla, it's nice to have you as one of my advisees." "Now go on in and sit anywhere you'd like." 

I nodded and thanked her before making my way inside where I choose to sit in the seat closest to the door and farthest from her desk.

I began to go back to thinking to myself when I was then interrupted by someone.

I turned around to face the person who interrupted me to only see the face of my old friend Jennifer.

I smiled.

"Hey Jenny, how've you been?" I question.

"How have I been? How have you been?!" " I haven't seen you since we were both four years old you just give me a; Hey how've you been?!" "What happened to you?!"

"Well Jenny, my family had been murdered right in front of me and uh, well I ended up in an insane asylum," I said casually.

"WHAT?????!!!!!" Jenny whisper-yelled.

"Well, I don't necessarily know the exact reason I ended up there but, I do know that I'm no longer 100 percent human," I explained to Jennifer.

"Wait, what do you mean by your no longer 100 percent human?" Jenny questioned.

"*sigh* Don't worry about it, for now, jenny, I'll show you later ok?" 

"Ok Layla, I trust you."

"Ok, now let's go talk to some other people in here cause I'm bored of just sitting around now."

"Alright."

I then stood up from my place and started walking towards one desk and jennifer towards another.

It was then I saw a girl that looked friendly and I decided to approach her.

"Hello there, my name's layla, what's yours?" I greeted the girl.

"Why are you talking to me?" Asked the girl.

"Hmm, because I wanted to." "You looked as if you were approchable and friendly enough to talk to."

"Hahaha, your funny , but I'm the queen." "You can't approch me, I'm better than you!" "Now get out of my face you ugly bitch."

I felt my anger slowly rising but I just smiled at the girl and then waved at her and made my way back to Jennifer.

"Jenny, let's go to the bathroom really quick, I want to show you something." I said between gritted teeth.

"Alright Layla , let's just ask Mrs.Zunig if it's ok."

"Alright."

I quickly made my way to Mrs.Zuniga to ask and she said it was and so off we both went to the bathroom.

Once we arrived at the bathroom I locked the door behind me and told Jenny to not freak out if I show her what I truly am.
She promised she wouldn't and so I proceeded to remove my hoodie from my waist and move my hair to where my cat ears and tail were showing.

I looked down ashamed for what I was but it was then that my friend Jennifer said;

"Layla...that's amazing!" "How'd you get that?" She asked.

I looked up surprised that she didn't hate me.

"I...I'd rather not say Jenny." "I don't want to relive the horrors of my childhood again."

Jennifer understood what I meant and went to comfort me.

"It's ok Layla, I understand." "Now why don't we go back to advisory?"

"Oh, ok."

With that me and Jennifer went back to our advisory room and took our seats.

A few minutes later Mrs.Zuniga had started to explain what challenges we might face and how we can over come them.  When she was finally done talking she handed each of us our schedules for the school year and also told us what the day was and how our schedules worked.

We all understood what she was saying.

When she glanced at the clock she seemed surprised and told us that it was time for all of us to go to our first block classes.

I smiled to myself and went about my day.

When the school day was over I was exhausted. So I made my way to my apartment and immediately fell asleep.
-------------------------------------------------
(End chapter)
______________________________________
I hope you liked this chapter my fellow readers! Sorry for it being so short but I had no idea what to exactly write about because im having a but of a mental block. But anyways I hope you still liked it and as always till next time my fellow readers!!!!!!!!~ 8)