Chapter 1

5 years later

I had married the girl of my dreams two months after i proposed to her in a fancy hotel with each of our families there. Vics wore a beautiful white dress and to my disagreement i wore a dress to but in the end i married Vics and that was all that mattered to me. I was glad my papa could be there, unfortunatly two years ago he joined my gran by her side. My mum moved into the house with Michael as we wanted to keep the memories it hold.

I had got my physics degree after four long hard years but it was worth it in the end. There are many a video of me studying that Vics has made for funny moments. Some are of me on good days some are me toatlly bonkers asking how you spell 'and'as i havnt had sleep in three days and have had more energy drinks than hot dinners, we watch them alot and just laugh at them all.

My friedns have all been succesful. Char is a known musician by millions around the world. She has two albums out which suit her style nicely, i dont hear from her unfortunatly but i hope she si doing fine. Rach is a movie director and i have seen one or two of her films and it seems weird seeing her name at the start of the movie and knowing you went to school with that person and told them everything, i talk to her on facebook mainly.

Ash is our local vet. She opened it up after she completed her training and i have to say she is a good vet, when Herman was poorly last year she made fixed him up proper.Katyln is a police officer in England. I dont see her i just talk to her on facebook on the rare occasion and i believe she is happy.

To explain my next part i shall tell you about our two beautiful kids, Cacen and Emma. Cacen is the older of the two and we adopted him when he was just months old. We were told his mother died at birth and his father couldnt cope and joined his mother.

We had Emma the year after. I was in my second year and i took a gap year to have her. We went through IVF and after our first time we were succesful and little Emma was born. So now we are trying for our third child and it is Vics who is going through the IVF treatment.

Unfortuantly we were unfortunate four times and this is our fifth attempt. We get ot between week 9 and 12 and around that time we always loose the baby. Today was our twelve week scan and i had been at work staying over night as our commander was over, he comes every two months so i always stayed at the barracks the night before to make it on time.

So as you can guess i couldnt get the day of so we tried to change the appontment but our doctor wouldnt budge the date so that left me firing blanks at a target for the day as i couldnt be there to support my wife.

I was now paring the car in our drive. We lived in Vics house which was now our house, so mum and Michael were afew houses down. I took a deap breath and got out of the car. I was still in my RAF uniform and i also knew it would annoy her as she gets turned on by it.

I walked in and Cacen came running to me "mummy!" he said and i smiled and picked him up and he gave me a cuddle"  i missed you!" he said and i smiled "aww i missed you to, wheres mutti and Emma?" i asked. Now i know 'Mutti' is German for 'Mum' but its what the kids called Vics so we go with it.

He laughed a bit "there in the living room!" he said and i smiled. I put him down and followed him into the living room. I walked in and Vics and Emma were sitting with there backs to the sofa and colouring while Emma sat on Vics knee.

Vics looked up and i smiled and she bit on her bottom lip and i smirked. Cacen went back to the TV and watched his cartoons and i sat down beside Vics "mummy!" Emma said and crawled onto my knee and i smiled "hey sweetie, how are you?" i asked and she laughed a bit "me and Mutti made cakes and Cacen and grandpa went to the park!" she said and i smiled "did you's have fun?" i asked and she nodded and i smiled.