xxi. HOME

The breakfast was surprisingly good, for Bellatrix and her elves that is

The breakfast was surprisingly good, for Bellatrix and her elves that is. Since my capture I haven't had such a good and proper meal, not even Hogwarts could reach this level.

I did have the urge to go and talk to Bella about her elves, but since she treats them kind of well at her own home I thought I could let it slip. I might tell her about S.P.E.W. another time.

To my next surprise Bella was reading the Daily Prophet. I never knew that a deatheater would be willingly interested in reading such information. I mean, the Prophet was once something delightful to read, but now since the fifth year it all changed, just like the minister changed. He-who-must-not-be-named can change a lot of good people in such a short amount of time.

Everyone is out of their minds now.

"To answer your question, dearie. I do read such, as you called it 'information'. I like to be updated with the newest gossip from time to time. You should see my dearest sister, she still reads it every day."

"Bella!"

"What?"

"I hate when you lurk in my mind without my permission! You know that." I pouted.
She was smirking at me in return. It feels strange knowing she can see into my mind without me noticing it.

I can't believe I let my guard drop, again! This is unbelievable. You just can't trust a Black.

Then again I have no idea how life is going to continue, now that Dumbledore is dead.

"Bella? I wondered if you could tell me a little more about all of your plans for the future and regarding Hogwarts." She looked up from the newspaper and eyed me curiously.

"Since you won't return to Hogwarts or even home in the next few days or weeks you will stay with me. You're safer here than anywhere else. No one would suspect you being here at my home. Only a few people even know about the location. I will handle my sister should she make an appearance. You should go write your parents and let them know you're safe at a friends house for some time."

I nodded and took a sip of my glass. "I was wondering who could be the new Headmaster now? Do you know anything?" I asked, hoping it wouldn't be too bad. She sighed and stared into my eyes. "Look, I want us to take the unbreakable vow. It is for our own safety and trust."

I gulped. That was a tough decision. Should I not meet up to the expectations I could die. But since she is still a deatheater and loyal to the Dark Lord I can understand it.

Once again a little doubt sneaked itself into my mind. How could a mudblood fall in love with a pureblood deatheater? That is everything the Dark Lord is against and yet here she is, the most loyal servant together with me, a muggleborn.

"Hermione, are you still there?" Someone asked and I snapped out of my daydream and wild thoughts. "Oh yes, I'm sorry, Bella. I got caught up in my own thoughts." I smiled.