Raylynn Lilian Potter

Chapter One:

I paced around more, gripping my hair in frustration. "Gahhh!" I yelled, and all my things I had piled around me flew and smashed against the walls.

Uncle Vernon was quick to throw open my door. "What are you doing in here girl?!" He yelled at me. My blood was boiling.

"How dare you?! How can you do this?! Those letters were for Harry and I! We have full right to read them! Not you!" I screamed, poking him in his large stomach, my emerald green eyes glaring hatefully at him.

His face turned a particularly unattractive shade of purple. 'Uh-oh' I thought. 'I shouldn't have done that' I went to back away, but Uncle Vernon reached one of his big beefy hands and grabbed me by a fistful of my fiery red hair. He pulled my head back and leaned his face towards mine.

"Don't ever. Talk back. To me. Again." He said in a scarily calm voice, but still managing to spit on my face.

"You are not my mother. You will not tell me what I can and can not do. I don't give a bloody hell what you say. It is my life." I stated, my voice in a low growl.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yes. Now let me go!" I yelled.

"I said don't talk to me like that!" Uncle Vernon bellowed, and he whipped me across the room, but not letting go of my hair in time, and the chunk he was holding ripped out. My head started bleeding where I smashed my head on the sharp corner of my desk, and where a chunk of my hair was now missing, still clutched in Uncle Vernon's fat fist.

My head quickly healed and my hair grew back within seconds, and I scrambled to my feet. "OUT!" I yelled, holding out the word, and things started exploding as if they were small bombs.

Uncle Vernon rushed out in a hurry as the bowl from my last meal shattered next to him. I was breathing rapidly, and my eyes were burning holes in my closet door. Small smoke trails started to waft into the air. I squeezed my eyes shut and my nails pierced my palms as I balled them tightly in fists, my knuckles white, and blood seeping through my fingers.

'Calm down!' I thought to my self. I slowed down my breaths and breathed deeply. When I was finally calm I sat in my bed with my head in my hands. The things in my room started to mend themselves and my mind wandered to the letters again. I desperately wanted to know what they said.

I thought about it and my blood started boiling all over. To try and suffice my anger, I balled my hands in fists and aimed them at my door that Uncle Vernon had locked when he left, and thrust my fists toward it, opening my hands. The door blew up and I walked out of my room, and mended the door when I was out, not needing more reason for Uncle Vernon to get angry.

I walked down the stairs and walked into Harry's room after blowing up the locks that were on it. I sat on his bed and he sat next to me. I sighed and fell back, my hair fanning out as I laid down.

"Harry.." I whispered softly.

"Yes Ray?" He replied quietly, his bright green eyes looking at me.

"Do you think.." I trailed off. "Do you think it will ever get better? Or will Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia hate us forever.." I asked, with tears stinging my eyes.

"Things will get better Ray.." He replied, grabbing my hand reassuringly.

"Do you promise?" I asked, looking at him hopefully with my bright green eyes.

"I promise." Harry said, pulling me into a warm brotherly hug. I smiled gently and a single tear fell from my eye as I hugged him back.