Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Evelyn (Marty's) POV

I had left for Texas leaving Mary behind pretending to be me. I roll my eyes just thinking about it. She knows she loves that damn fool of a man. Why doesn't she just tell him who she is and go for it. It really did irritate me. But then I descended into Texas and it was hot as hell.

I had packed light for this trip. I had studied this guys Bio all the way here. I was very excited to get Jed's team a new player. This is a young guy around my age. So I knew what they thought when they sent me. They wanted someone young to do it so if my speal didn't work. My sex appeal might.

It pissed me off to no end being used like this but hell, what can I do about it. So I picked up the rental car and headed out to the hotel. I unpacked my things and got dressed in a light summer dress. I was sweating like a pig so I had to shower again. How can people live out here.

I drove to the address given to me and it was a nice modest home. So he might not have that cocky attitude. I hope he is down to earth. I knocked on the door and what greeted me almost made me drool. He was young looking but oh so yummy. I smiled and tried to get back into professional mode.

"Hi I'm Evelyn we spoke on the phone. I am a recruiter for the Chicago Bears." I said very happy with myself for not letting my voice crack.

"Well hello there Evelyn. My names Luke Turner and I'm very happy to meet you." He said in a sexy Texas Drawl that made me swoon.

He kissed my hand but not the top. He turned my hand over and kissed the palm. Holy shit if I didn't dream it I think he flicked the tip of his tongue out. I tried desperately to control my breathing. "May I have my hand back?" I asked since he had yet to let go of it.

He smiled and I saw a gleam in his eyes. "Do I have to give it back sugar?" He teased making me flush all over.

I yanked my arm back and I talked to him about the Bears and what we could offer him. It was when we went out and I got to see him practice that it hit me. "Holy shit" I said to myself.