Chapter 7

Chapter 7

After all was said and done we went to have a late lunch. Or would you call it an early dinner. Well whatever, I ate and that was all I cared about at the moment. “So how are things going with the beast?” Sergio asked and I had to laugh at that.

“Good I guess. But she’s been off last couple of days.” I tell him as I look across at her talking to the rest of the girls.

“Seems to me little brother, that the wedding bug must have bit her. Look at all the girls, I’m sure that’s all they talk about and she must be feeling left out.” Sergio said and I looked at her.

Evelyn’s POV

Hell if I hear someone else say ‘my wedding this, or my wedding that’. I am going to pop a blood vessel. I hope Luke wants to go home soon. This place is driving me crazy. I mean don’t get me wrong I’m so happy for all of them. I’m just more worried about going to check out that new recruit.

I turned to look at Luke just as he looked at me and I smiled and rolled my eyes. He smiled back and raised his glass of wine to me. Little ass was making fun of me. But that’s ok; I’ll make him pay for it later.

I still can’t believe, we haven’t gotten sick of each other yet. But once he knows I’m going off for a week he won’t like it.  Then when I have to do the follow up in another 3 weeks he will really get mad. If in between, I am asked to go somewhere else. Then that will be the moment he gives me my ultimatum.

It’s been the same pattern for a while now. They all want a woman that will stay home and cook and be a maid for them. Well no sir not me. I want to travel and see the world. But enough about that, we are at the rehearsal luncheon.

After another hour finally it was time to go. I sighed as soon as we got in the car, feeling the pressure leave my head. “Well it seems like it will be a nice wedding huh?” He asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah sure does” I said sarcastically.

“Well I plan to work off all this food we ate when we get home. Do you want to work out with me?” He asked and I shook my head no.

“What I need is a nice long soak in the tub.” I tell him and he reached out his hand and squeezed my knee.

“Well then I hope your still in there when I finish my work out.” He winked at me.

“Eyes on the road mister, I’m too young to die.” I tell him as I laugh.

We got home and I kicked off my shoes. They make my legs look killer but they hurt like a bitch.

“Before you go shower I want to talk to you” He tells me as he leads me to the couch. “For the last couple of days you have seemed off. I just wanted to know what is bothering you. Did I do something you didn’t like?” He asked.

I wasn’t sure if this was the time to say something. I wanted to wait until after the wedding. In case he blew up. I took a deep breath and well here goes nothing. “Well you see I was called from work 3 days ago. They have an assignment for me. I will have to go away for a week after the wedding.” I held my breath.

“Cool, where are you going?” He asked and I narrowed my eyes.

“Why do you want to know?” I asked.

“Just asking, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.” He tells me and I felt bad.

“I’m sorry” I tell him and I explain about the trip and the Basketball player. I then went to take my bath while he worked out in the gym room.

Luke’s POV

I have no idea what the hell is wrong with her. So she has to go back to work. Big deal, it’s not like I thought I was the only person she was working with. Maybe Sergio was right and it is the wedding she is all up in arms about.

I got into my sweats and started to hit the punching bag that Sergio and Roger had given me. We had turned the spare bedroom into a gym room for me. I mean I go to train at their gym. But sometimes I need to burn off energy here at home.

I punched the bag as I thought of Evelyn. I don’t like it when she gets mad at me. As I was thinking, it hit me that I was really going to miss her while she was gone. She plans to leave the day after the wedding. I’m only happy that the first game will be that Sunday. She won’t be here to see me play. But oh well there will be plenty of games in the season she can go too.

I got back in the zone and continued my work out happy that everything was ok between us.

Evelyn’s POV

I felt bad for acting so dumb with him. I mean he didn’t say anything or get mad. He just wanted to know where I was going.

I closed my eyes and decided to let the matter drop. I mean all is right with the world as it should be. I will just enjoy his company and the sex for as long as I have it. I smiled as I figured I would get out and take full advantage of having him here.

I finished my bath and put lotion all over my body. I put on my satin and lace boy shorts and my green tank top and headed out to find my man candy not even bothering to dry my hair first.

When I walked out he had already stripped off his clothing. He was standing in the gym room, wearing his boxers and a smile. He started to unwrap, the tape from his hands. I picked up my hair as it was still dripping a little.

“Well hello there” he said as I looked at him.

“Well hello yourself” I say as I decide for play is so overrated sometimes. So I just pulled off my top. Yeah I like the way he looks at me.

“You decided to take a shower with me after all?” He questioned raising an eyebrow.

“Well only after you get me dirty again” I smirk as now my boy shorts fall and pool at my ankles.

“Damn woman, you sure know how to get your point across.”

It turned into a hot wild quickie that left me feeling stunned as he screamed out “I Love You Evelyn” as he climaxed after me.

What the hell, that wasn’t fair. He changed the rules to this game by saying that. I did not answer him and kissed him instead and we went to shower. I continued the sex game in there to distract him from what he said.

We went to bed and as soon as I was sure he was asleep I got up got dressed and went in search of the emergency suitcase I keep packed in case of an emergency. I left him a note and well high tailed it out of there.

Luke’s POV

When I awoke in the morning it was to a note saying

Luke,

I’m sorry but I decided to go sooner. Tell my sister I will be back for the weeding.

Evelyn

I was confused. Why didn’t she wake me? For that matter why did she just leave like that? Did I say something wrong?

I tried not to think about it as I ate breakfast and went to the ice rink early. It was a day game and I like to take a few laps around the ice to get the feel of things. My new family was going to be here and Mr. Diego was all excited for me.

…………..

The 2 days were an eternity for me. She didn’t call me or anything. I was feeling really sad and missing her like crazy. I wonder if I spooked her because I told her I loved her. I don’t even know why I did it. It just came out. But the way I have missed her cleared it all for me. I did love her and very much.

But she has to be here for the wedding today. So I will back off if I have to. To make things go back to the way they were. I will give her time to catch up to my feelings.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Evelyn!!!!!! 

What the hell are you doing????