Rebel

Chapter 3 – Rebel

1.46 pm – The Grid

“Alec, we’re leaving.” Ros said as she stopped by his desk. Alec looked up. He shrugged and took his coat, joining Harry who waited by the doors already. “Come on Alec, let us go.” Alec rolled his eyes. “I’m coming.” He said. They turned to the doors, Alec following rather reluctantly behind Ros and Harry.

As they walked out and towards the lifts, Lucas stepped out of it.

The lift doors opened and Lucas found himself face to face with Harry… and Alec. He stared at him, wishing he could turn around and flee. “Lucas…” Harry started, but Lucas ignored him, swiftly walking past them. As he walked past, Alec stepped to the side, jostling his shoulder hard. Lucas looked down, walking past trying to keep a straight face.

As he turned the corner, he stopped. This had hurt. Not physically, but mentally. He could feel Alec’s hatred radiating off him.

“Give him a bit of time.” Lucas looked up, surprised to find Malcolm standing in front of him. He smiled weakly. Lucas tried to return the smile, but it only came out as a grimace.

“Thanks Malcolm.” He mumbled. “Well, come in, have a cup of tea.” Lucas smiled. For Malcolm tea solved almost every problem.

“Where there is tea, there is hope.” Malcolm mumbled as he handed Lucas a cup. Lucas grinned. “Thanks.” He replied, slowly sipping the hot liquid. “How… how is he?” he asked finally. Malcolm looked up. “Like you. Not just in looks. He has a temper, he is stubborn and a clever one.” Lucas nodded, turning back to his work, trying to focus and not to think of Alec.

2.00pm – The Car

“I’ll speak to Tony when we get there, I have a couple of things to discuss with him. Ros will help you get your things together, Alec and then we can head back to London.” Harry explained. “And then what? I hope you don’t expect me to stay with this…” “You’re staying with me.” Ros interrupted him. Alec snorted. “Could be worse, I guess.” He said, staring out of the window.

Ros gave Harry a sharp look. This was not going to work. Alec would not be behaving civilly towards Lucas. His anger was almost palpable. Harry frowned, hiding a sigh.

Alec sighed as Eton came into view and the car went up the driveway. A few hours ago a black Audi had come speeding at him and it was by pure luck he didn’t get run over. Just, why had they done it? Alec had no idea. But, after learning all the stuff he had heard today, he blamed one person – Lucas.

“Come on Alec, let’s go.” Ros said as the car stopped. Alec got out, slowly following Harry and Ros up to the school. At least he did not have to wear his uniform today. He was still in jeans and a t-shirt.

“Alec, take Ros to your room and get your things packed. I will speak to Tony.” Harry said. Alec sighed. “Yeah.” He mumbled. “Come on…” he said to Ros.