Chapter Four.

Chapter Four:

Aiden set me on my feet and walked with me the rest of the way inside. He wanted to hold my hand. Aiden was on the side of my left hand where Mr. Samuels had squeezed my hand. I pulled my hoodie sleeve as far as it will go; Aiden noticed what I was doing and stopped me from walking any further.  

'Alex, why won't you let me hold your hand?' Aiden spoke softly, curiosity spreading across his face.  

I gulped. 'Uh...' I couldn't think of a reason besides I'm a bad liar.  

'I want you to hold my other hand' I smiled, stretching my right hand out to him.  

'Does it really matter which hand I hold?' Aiden asked.  

'Yes, you saved me. You're my right hand man' I smiled again, trying not to show my guilt.

It seemed to be working, Aiden took my right hand. I let out a sigh of relief. He quickly grabbed my left hand wrist and my right hand. I groaned as his hand touched the bruise. Aiden pulled my sleeve up, my left wrist was swollen and a pale yellow with hints purple and blue, I gasped.

'Did he...?' Aiden asked. I knew what the rest of the sentence was.  

I nodded. Holding back my tears, Aiden placed his hand on my cheek it was so warm. His thumb wiped away a tear that I didn't know was there in the first place, I looked down. Aiden helped me inside; Dad was sitting at the dining table with his hands on the table.  

When he saw me come in, he jumped up and came over to me instantly.  

'Oh, Ally-where've you been?' Dad gasped, hugging me tightly and placing his hand at the back of his head.  

'I found her in the woods, her left wrist is bruised. She tripped and sprained it' Aiden said joining Luke in the living room.  

'What were you doing in the woods, Alexis?' Dad demanded his voice hard and stern.

'I was taking photographs for Photography. Then I heard something in one of the bushes and I ran, tripped and hurt my wrist. Aiden helped me.' I said, looking at Aiden, who was smiling reassuringly at me.  

Dad looked at me, concern in his big brown eyes. 'Well, let's get that wrist sorted out'  

'Aiden, son, thank you so much-At least some people tried to look for her' Dad said, looking over to Luke who shrugged carelessly.  

'I tried the mall, but I got distracted' Luke smiled.  

'By girls and the lingerie department' Dad muttered as he lifted me up and sat me on the counter in the kitchen, he dug through the cupboard looking for the first aid kit, I snickered at Dad's comeback.

Aiden got up and headed to the front door. 'Aiden, where are you going?' I asked, swinging my legs on the cupboard.

'Home, I need to check on my mom and see if she's alright' Aiden called back.  

Dad went after him with a plastic bag. 'Aiden, give her this, left over Mac and cheese.' Dad said.

'Sure thing, thanks' Aiden nodded at me and went through the door.

Dad put some bruise ointment on my wrist and carefully wrapped it in the bandage.  

'Wiggle your finger for me, sweetie' Dad said, holding my hand.  

I wiggled my fingers. 'Ok, that's good.' Dad muttered.  

I jumped down from the counter and headed up to my room; I went into the shower and put my pajamas on, my black and white checkered pants and black t-shirt. I decided to put my hair down.

I went back downstairs again and threw myself down next to my brother; he rolled his eyes at me and refocused his attention on the television screen.  

'What you watching booger brain?' I said, punching Luke in the arm with my good hand.  

'CSI, Snot face' Luke retorted.  

I looked at the clock above the TV. It was 9:00. 'Lukey...' I sung, smiling at him.  

'No, you're not watching Glee' Luke smiled back.

I rolled my eyes. 'It's better than this stupid CSI crap' I scowled. Fifteen minutes passed and another episode of CSI came on. I had enough.  

'Ok, we're going to do this the easy way or the hard way' I snapped, standing in front of the TV. Luke looked at me and shook his head; he stood up and towered over me. Luke was a few inches taller than me-that was his disadvantage. 'The hard way' Luke replied, throwing the remote on the sofa.

We both jumped on the sofa for the remote, avoiding pressure to my wrist. I wrestled Luke for the remote; he had me in head lock. Dad appeared at the doorway.  

'Alexis! Luke..., oh why do I even bother?' Dad turned and went back into the kitchen.  

I elbowed, Luke in the stomach. 'aah! You got me, Glee it is' Luke groaned, his arms wrapped around his torso.  

I smiled. 'Thanks, Loser' I teased.  

We must've been fighting on the remote because the channel was on a music channel.  

Avril Lavigne-Girlfriend was on; I decided to take the opportunity to do a victory dance.

I took it over the top, shaking my head. I heard someone clear their throat, I stopped and looked up. Aiden was standing there smiling. 'Nice dance moves, Alex' Aiden chuckled.  

I threw the cushion at him. 'Shut up!' I laughed.

I jumped on the sofa and sat down. 'Glee!' I exclaimed. Aiden gave Luke a look that said 'What the hell?' Luke gave him a sympathetic shrug. 'Sorry, bro, we wrestled and she went for the packs' Luke groaned, as he scratched his bronze colored hair.

After Glee finished, I headed up to my room. My window was wide open; I looked around my room, went to the window and looked out, nothing.

'Hello, Alexis, how's your hand?' a familiar voice said from behind me.

I slowly turned around. Mr. Samuels was sitting comfortably on my bed, his face was paler than I remembered, and his black hair was gelled back and out of his face he smiled at me. I could see his pearly white teeth, two of them too long for a humans mouth. I backed away from him and ran out my room and down the stairs.

I walked into the living room, Luke was fast asleep. Aiden was asleep too. I tapped his shoulder. Aiden looked startled as he woke up.  

'What-'  

I pulled him off the sofa and dragged him up the stairs. Into my room, the window was closed, Mr. Samuels wasn't there. I looked around the room and under my bed.

'Aren't you a bit too old for the boogey man, Alex?' Aiden yawned, walking out my room.

'It's not funny-Mr. Samuels was here' I sobbed. I didn't even realize I was crying.  

Aiden paused.