Chapter 6

“You sounding real racist right now Jo! I’m disappointed, just because he’s black doesn’t mean he can’t have some white meat every now and then. Shame on you” Dani said.

“Sorry” I said I kind of did feel bad for sayings such absurd thing.

“Anyway, oh I bet that baby gonna be gonna killer cute. You know when black and white mix, they make a beautiful color. If the baby gets Khalil’s thick hair, and Haylie’s green eyes, with a smooth mocha complexion, umph they better watch her cause she’s gonna be one hot mama” Dani laughed.

“She’ll be pretty” I said.

“She sure will. Anyway did you hear that Hannah Morton’s brother Hank is gay” Dani said.

“No, he can’t possibly be gay. He fixes on cars, he drinks beer he’s always flirting with girls” I said.

“There you go being stereotypic again. Just because he’s so masculine, don’t mean he can’t be gay. Maybe he’s bisexual” Dani said.

“Sorry, I’m just saying this stuff isn’t adding up” I said.

“Well my sources never lie” Dani said.

“Sure, like the time they said Coach Jamison was pregnant, or the time the whole basketball team had Herpes or the time all the football players were on steroids. All proven to be false. Such reliable resources” I said sarcastically.

“Well those were only a few” Dani shrugged.

“I guess. So Linda really has never dated, any guy at school” I asked.

“Yeah everyone says she might be gay or something? O-M-G what if she’s a Thespian” Dani shouted.

“Thespian? You mean lesbian?” I asked confused.

“Oh yeah that too. That’d be so weird. She’s on the cheerleading, and gets to see all those girls bop around in tiny clothing with almost everything exposed. It’ll be like legal eye rape” Dani said.

Then it dawned on me why Linda never dated any boys at school. Cause she has herself a married man. I wanted so badly to tell Dani, about what Linda told me. But I promised I wouldn’t, but does that promise still count if I got smacked in the face. It’ll be like revenge for smacking me, but Dani, would never tell would she?

“Dani can you keep a secret” I asked.

“Sure I can, you say it, I save it, and the world will never know” Dani said.

“Linda and I were friends” I said.

“Ok and?” Dani said.

“Well she told me something” I said.

“Something? Something like what? Oh tell me tell me!” Dani squealed.

I promised her I wouldn’t tell anyone” I said.

“But I’m not just anyone, I’m Danica Isabella Whitefield. Your best friend. I’m not just anyone” Dani said.

“Well you have to promise you won’t tell anybody!” I demanded.

“Cross my heart, and hope to die” Dani said crossing her heart.

She made the same promise, I made to Linda. And look what I’m doing.

“Ok Linda told me she’s dating an older guy” I said.

“What? Did he graduate last year? Is he in college? College boys are H-O-T-T hot! I always wanted to date one. It would be nice to date a man who can buy me cigarettes. Not that smoke, cause smoking makes you look bad. And I look too good to be looking bad” Danica said running her fingers through her hair.