09

Chapter song-

Feeling Whitney by Post Malone

Amara stood looking at herself in the small mirror and took a deep breath

Amara stood looking at herself in the small mirror and took a deep breath. The thoughts that ran through her head were slowly eating away at her. She looked down at her jacket before bending down and picking it up. Her hand slipped into the pocket and she pulled out a small thing of black war paint. Amara smiled at the thing before dipping her fingers in it and then smearing it on her face. She took a deep breath before walking out of the room and towards the Lockup Bay to see Lincoln.

"Amara?" Lincoln asked as he came to the fence to meet her there.

"Collins, back up." A guard warned Amara.

"I'm just talking." Amara told the guard.

"What happened? Why are you back?" Lincoln asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I came back, because I couldn't fight in the conclave." Amara said weakly.

"Conclave? Did--Heda is dead, isn't she?" Lincoln asked eagerly.

"Yes. If I stayed I was to be killed. You know, sometimes I really hate my Nightblood." Amara said before some guards came rushing in with Sinclair.

The guards typed in the code and shoved Sinclair in quickly before locking the door back.

"Locking their own up now. What'd you do to get in here?" Lincoln asked as Sinclair walked over to Lincoln who stood by the fence.

"Whatever it took." Sinclair responded with a shrug of his shoulders. "I have a message for you from Kane. Get ready. Tonight's a go." Sinclair said before he walked over to the bench and sat down.

"What the hell does that mean?" Amara whispered.

"I can't say. Just wait." Lincoln said.

"Collins. You've had long enough." The guard said as he walked over and grabbed her arm.

"I'm going. Wouldn't want to make me your first priority when there's deadly Grounders in there." Amara said with raised eyebrows.

"Don't come back."

>>>>>>

"Dad. I'm with you, on the right team." Amara said as she walked up to her dad who was overlooking the Main Bay.

"You've chosen right. We'll talk more about it later." Kane said before Bellamy walked over to them with his hands on his hips.

"It wasn't much of a plan. Sabotaging the rover. Keeping an eye on Sinclair was an easy call." Bellamy said.

"Was it? Spying on your friend. Your girlfriend. That was easy?" Kane asked.

Amara furrowed her eyebrows in shock and confusion. Bellamy was spying on her. "You were spying on me? What? Were you hoping I'd exploit all of Lexa's secrets for your benefit? You're insane, Bellamy."