°PROLOGUE°

CHERYL'S POV

CHERYL'S POV

I watch as my house goes up in flames and my mom yells behind me weakly hitting my back.  We need to start over, and to do that, we have to get rid of the old Blossoms, which lives in that horrid house.  Sure, it's considered, arson, but I don't think my mom will turn me in. Too much embarrassment has happened to this family, and my mom doesn't want anymore.

I finally listen to what my mom is saying, "I can't believe you would do this. I can't believe this. You're going to juvie. I never wanna see you again."

I turn around confused, "I did this for us, mom.  After everything we have been through, we need to start over, and bad things happened in that house."

"You are so stupid," she spats, "Everything we had left, is in that house. Now it's all gone. Along with your dad and Jason! I'm calling the cops now, and telling them everything you did once they get here."

My eyes get watery as she pulls out her phone out of her blazer pocket and dials. She holds it up to her ear and someone answers almost right away.

I can't hear what the person on the phone says, but my mom replies tears still streaming down her face, "Um, my house is on fire and I need help!"

I'm guessing they ask for the address.

"I'm Penelope Blossom, I live in Thornhill." She states harshly.

After a second, she hangs up the phone and turns to me.

"Mommy, don't do this to me, please. I was trying to help." I say suddenly feeling hot tears come out of my eyes.

"You are not my daughter, you're a disgrace."

The way she looks at me, is like she doesn't even know me anymore. I don't even know me anymore. What have I done?!

I look at the house one more time and my legs take over. I run away into the huge field around  and away from our mansion, snow almost covering all of the grass. I hear my mom screaming after me, but I don't stop.

I go through a little space where they didn't put the metal fence close enough. I run down the hill outside the fence and to the lonely road no one drives on that often.

I run across the street, not bothering to look if a car was coming. At this point, let me die. I don't care. I make it to the woods on the other side of the road, managing not to get hit by a car.

How could I do this? I basically ruin my own life all the time.

I run up the shallow, wet, snowy dirt hill that leads into the woods, mud getting on my white dress and I don't even think about where I'm going. I just run until I barely can breathe and stop.

Crying doesn't help my situation at all.

Gasping for air, I collapse on my knees on the dirty, cold, snow that is making my legs freezing.

I basically yell grasping on to the snow turning numb.

I just want this to be over. Everything. I already tried to die, but Archie and his friends saved me. I'm not gonna try again, just let nature do its work.  I won't be here for long.

I lean up on the tree and wrap my arms around my cold damp legs and put my head in between my knees.

Sirens erupt getting closer to my house, I'm guessing. I listen to my muffling cries between my knees.

Just kill me now.

A/N
TBH no one is gonna read this probably cuz no one ships Cheryl and Jughead, but I do, so I'm still gonna write it. I have no idea what to do after this with the book, but I'll figure something out.

Xoxo Alison