Sexuality.

TENTH CHAPTER!!!!

I know Gaston's sexuality.

And no, he is not gay.

Or straight.

Or even bi.

DEMISEXUAL!

A demisexual is a person who does not experience sexual attraction unless they form a strong emotional connection with someone. It's more commonly seen in, but by no means confined to, romantic relationships. The term demisexual comes from the orientation being "halfway between" sexual and asexual.

Here, let me explain:

In the 1800s, there was only one sexuality; straight. Anything else was considered insanity. Like, if you had an attraction to someone of the same gender they would lock you up in an asylum, or straight up murder you.

So clearly Gaston, and everyone else in the town, thinks that they are straight.

What if Gaston could only feel a physical attraction to people he had an emotional connection with. But everyone in the town thinks of him as an idol, or a god. It's unlikely he has had an emotional connection with anyone when nobody can have a genuine conversation with him that isn't stroking his ego. Like, ever. The closest he's ever had is Lefou, and if he had a physical attraction to another man, he wouldn't think its lust, he's think it's just a strong affection for someone. Not love.

So, he's never felt lust, or even love. And the number 1 reason to feel lust for someone in the 1800s? An attraction to someone of the opposite gender depending on how they look.

It's not that much of a stretch to think that Gaston assumed that you have to feel a connection to the most beautiful woman in town. Because back then, he didn't have a choice. He probably confused his appreciation of Belle's beauty for an actual physical attraction.

Boom! Demisexual Gaston. Hahahahaha.

(I didn't explain this very well).