Male! Jessica Rabbit X Detective Reader Ch.4

After you escaped from Judge Doom and the Toon Patrol, Benny guided you and Roger to a movie theater as a hiding place. However, that wasn't really a hiding place. Why, you asked? You ended up watching Roger laughing at a funny movie while eating popcorn you bought for him. You knew that Roger would blow your cover and his and you pulled him away from the front row and you made him sit with you on the back.

"We're supposed to be hiding, not watching a movie!" You quietly explained to Roger as you reminded him that Doom and his weasel minion were still searching for you two.

You then flicked on Roger's forehead with your finger after giving him a reminder.

"Ow! What's wrong with you, (Y/n)?" Roger asked, rubbing his forhead as he felt a flick from you. "You're the only person in this theater that isn't laughing. Is there nothing that can permeate you being so impervious?"

You sighed in dismay as you couldn't believe that you had to protect that funny rabbit while you were on the verge of solving this current case.

"Hey, (Y/n)!" Roger gestured you to look at him as you noticed that he's making a funny face.

However, despite Roger's funny face, you didn't laugh at him as you looked at him with an annoying look.

Roger noticed that you weren't laughing at his funny face as he placed his hand on his elbow and his other to his chin.

"Boy, nothin'. What could've possibly happened to you not able to laugh when you see something funny?" he asked about why you didn't laugh.

You realized that you didn't laugh when it comes to something funny for seven years. For seven years after your father's death, you didn't give a laugh at jokes or funny scenes on cartoons. You lowered your (e/c) eyes down as you slowly talked with Roger.

"You want to know why?"

Roger nodded as he wanted to know what happened about how you couldn't laugh.

"Remember you asked me about my dad yesterday?"

"Yeah." he replied as he did remembered seeing a picture of you with your father.

"He got killed..." You then gave a short pause as you told Roger who killed your father. "by a Toon."

"A Toon? No..." Roger became shocked as he couldn't believe a Toon killed your father, covering his gloved hands to his mouth.

"Yeah. It happened seven years ago. My dad liked working for Toontown when he became a Toon detective. He told me it was a lot of laughs. I was fourteen back then and I was his partner. Even though, he always cared for me as his precious daughter," You explained your story to Roger about your good times with your father. "I helped him solving cases when we worked for Toontown. When we did, we were known as the "Toons Father and Daughter" despite that we weren't actually Toons like you."

You smiled as you remembered those memories of you and your father seven years ago and then your smile faded away as you started to explain about your father's death.

"Until that day, we were investigating a robbery at the First National Bank of Toontown. We found out that a Toon got away with a zillion simoleons. We trailed him to a little dive down on Yockster Street." You sighed as you continued explaining what happened, "But it was a trap by the time we went in. He got the drop on us, literally. Dropped a piano on us from fifteen stories."

You started to feel sad as you recalled that memory seven years ago. You, as a fourteen year old girl, arrived with your father at a building with fifteen stories. As you and your father tried to stop the Toon who robbed a bank in Toontown, the Toon dropped a grand piano on you and your father. Before the grand piano fell towards you and your father, you suddenly heard your father's voice.