Male! Jessica Rabbit X Detective Reader Ch.6

While you were unconscious, you suddenly started to have a dream from five years ago. You were sixteen years old and you wore a casual outfit during autumn. You wore a (f/c) long-sleeved shirt and (f/c) skirt with (f/c) (f/l) leggings and (f/c) boots. You also wore a (f/c) scarf around your neck. As always, you wore your late father's red and black fedora on your (h/l) (h/c) hair. You walked somewhere in a park during a windy autumn day. You became annoyed when you remembered about Donnie's "present" on your sixteen birthday.

"Geez, I can't believe Donnie keeps teasing me whenever he's doing matchmaking during his day off..." You muttered as you took a sigh. You started to remembered your childhood friend's words as you mimicked his voice, "I'm gonna give you the best present you'll never regret. I'm gonna find you a boyfriend! Just you wait, (Y/n)!"

You yelled out loud in dismay after mimicking Donnie's words, "Yeah right! As if you'll find a boyfriend just for me!"

You started to have a bad mood as you couldn't believe that Donnie declared bringing a boyfriend as your present. Suddenly, the wind became so strong that it blew your red fedora with a black sash off from your head, much to your shock.

"Oh no! My fedora!" You quickly ran after the flying fedora on the air as you tried to catch it. You became so worried that you couldn't let your (e/c) eyes off of your precious fedora. You thought with concerns in your head as you kept running after it.

Then your red fedora flew to the tree nearby at the park which you went. Finally, the fedora got stuck on the branch of a tree with red leaves. You panted and panted after running after your fedora for the whole time.

"Phew. Thank God." You became relieved and then looked up to realize that you had to climb the tree to get your fedora back. "Looks like I have to climb up that tree before the wind starts to blow it away again..."

You started to climb up with all your strength until you arrived on a specific branch where your fedora was. You crawled slowly on the branch as you tried to grab your fedora before the wind does.

"Almost there..." You steadied yourself as your hand went closer to your fedora. With that, you finally grabbed it, much to your joy. "I got it!"

After you put your fedora back on your head, you noticed that you found yourself as you're now stuck on a tree. You suddenly became nervous and scared, unable to find a way to get down. You broke a cold sweat as you looked down to the ground that was far away.

"I have to get down right now, but I can't..." You quickly held onto to a tree as you suddenly became like a cat, who always got stuck on a tree.

You started to call for help, but there's no one around here. You couldn't believe that you might get stuck on this very tree forever.

"No, no, no! I want to get off from this stupid tree!" You were about to cry in fear, but you heard someone's voice.

"Excuse me. Do you need some help?"

"Huh?" Surprised, you looked down to see a tall Toon man with red shoulder-length hair and blue eyes wearing a long beige overcoat. You became delighted that someone came to your aid. "Oh, yes! I do! I somehow got stuck on this tree and I can't get down all by myself. Can you please help me?"

"Sure, I can help you off from the tree." He replied, smiling faintly. He started to spread his arms out widely and looked at me with kind eyes. You became confused, seeing what he was doing with his arms. "Don't worry, I'll catch you. Just jump."

You became hesitated as you replied, "I can't. What if you didn't catch me?"

"I won't. I'll catch you for sure, trust me." He gave you reassurance as he became positive that he'll catch you.