Chapter V

"Okay guys, be honest," I said turning away from the mirror to show them my outfit, "is it too much?" After the incident in the car, the girls had ripped into me, digging for details about David and myself. They were convinced that I had missed the stop sign because I was thinking about him. I didn't know what to say, which wasn't surprising because that's what got me into the entire conversation with him in the first place. Besides, even if I had miraculously organized and understood my feelings for David in a matter of seconds, if I even had feelings for David, I would never tell them first. I might not even tell him after tonight. I suddenly got chills, the image of the headlights in my rearview haunting me.

"Dude?" Jemmy said in my response to question, "You look hot AF! I did an amazing job," she said fake fluffing her hair, "if I do say so myself." She gave Angel and myself a wink, then looked me up and down gain. "Your legs look hot in those heels, FYI." She was walking around me, pulling on seams and examining her handy work. The newest outfit she'd made me fitting like a glove.

I looked down at my legs, then at my reflection in the full length mirror. I was in velvet black four inch pumps that, true to form, made my soft white legs look even longer, and more toned than they already were. I wore a short black, wavy, skirt that hit me mid thigh and a corset designed, army green, strapless top that buttoned with gold buttons all the way down the center of my chest, starting at the sweetheart neckline. It came to rest with the thin gold chain, in perfect alignment with my skirt, at my waist. All in all I looked tall and curvy in the clothes that Jemmy had made me. My chestnut brown hair, which Angle had curled, fell about three inches past my shoulders shedding the sparkles, from the hair spray she used, all over me. My dark, almost black, brown eyes were made about one shade lighter due to my contacts, making them stand out next to my light hair and dark skirt.

"Now all you need is makeup!" Angel practically sprang on me with her make up box in her right hand and her foundation powder brush in the other.

"AH!" I called and jumped backwards. "No way! Girls," I said fending her off and then turning to each of my very best girl friends to look them both in the eyes, "I look stunning. And there's not another soul on earth that I would come to for fashion advice, but you've dressed me and styled me and made me look great. I'm putting my foot down with the makeup though. "The makeup job's mine. Kay?" They both sighed like I was crazy but relented. Jemmy walked to the bed and started doing her make up.

"Well," Angel asked in a small, but hopeful voice, "do we at least get a say in the colors?" She gave me her "killer look" strictly designed to stop men's hearts and end their resistance.

I sighed. She knew as well as I did that I was immune to that look. But she was right, as usual. I needed their help. "Fine. But only a small one. The final decision is up to me." I answered taking Angel's makeup box and replacing it on the vanity. I looked into it, seeing various color patterns and shades and types. Where to begin?

"Okay," I finally said, forming an idea picture in my head, "I'm thinking..." I paused, removing a pallet from the boxes and searching through Jemmy's collection next, trying to find any other options. I chose a completely different pallet from hers, finding the two schemes I had in mind. "Okay." I held up the two choices I had found, "option one: light brown base, with green and gold sparkles as the accent. Maybe a light cream color under the eye?" I said looking at my friends. Jemmy was lounging on the bed doing her lip gloss in a hand mirror and Angel, already dolled up, stood a few feet infront of me, both giving approving looks. "Okay, that was a good reaction. Now for option two:," I said holding up the next pallet. "Light pink with a subtle sparkle as the base with a dark, chestnut brown for the accent, and gold for the corner of the eye and the under eye, with a dark black cat eye liner and mascara for both."