Anything It Takes

Essence P.O.V.

I set the bowl down after I've drunken more than half of the concoction. My body starts to feel numb and there's a slight buzzing in my head. But I feel like air. I look at Isa and it seems like she's moving at a slower pace than before.

"What do you mean you're a bargain witch?" I ask.

" I make deals, kind of like a crossroad demon. You want something I can give it to you but at a price. And before you ask no, I don't take souls like demons. So is there anything you would want?"

"No, I don't want anything." I reply.

"Oh come on. Everybody wants something, I can tell you want something as bad as I do." Isa says with her stunning blue eyes piercing into mine.

"I do want something but what price would I have to pay?" I hesitantly ask.

"There's a man of your species and he killed my mate. I will give you whatever you desire but in return you must find this man and kill him. Now, you name your price."

I didn't even have to think about what I wanted. But do I want it by killing someone? Yes, says the voice in my head. I'll do whatever it takes to be accepted.

"I.... I want to be the most beautiful mermaid to ever live."

She gives me a menacing smile before she rushes towards me and throws me into a black hole that suddenly appeared out of nowhere.