I Can Never Get A Break

A/N: Yes I know it took me awhile but you know school is starting back up and ideas don't come easy. So yeah.

This chap is also Dedicated To: WeOnlyLiveONCEYow

KK that's all I have to say, so on with the story :)

___________________________________________________________________________

Essence P.O.V.

As I begin to gain consciousness I can hear blaring music coming from upstairs. When I slowly sit up I can still feel the sharp pain in my shoulder but the bleeding has stopped. Looking towards the stairs I feel hot tears in my eye's as I remember what happened. I start making my way to the door, careful not to stand too close while I open the door. On the other side I see a full going party.

I'm not surprised, I wonder who this party is for? As I start to walk around I hear my name being called. Turning around I see Cassandra our pod leader calling my name. Walking towards her I can see a man clinging to her arm. He has a fair skin tone, he's a red head, dark brown eyes and is in between fit and scrawny. While pod leader Cassandra has light brown hair, hazel eyes, tan skin and is totally fit. They seem like complete opposites to me.

" Essence did you just hear me?" Cassandra asks.

" Um no, I'm sorry I didn't hear you. Could you repeat it for me?" Is my reply and then the room burst out into laughter. They must think something I said was funny? Assholes!!

The clinging male suddenly speaks up. " Wow! She must be as stupid as you say she is. I thought you guys were joking." I feel sad that they already turned the stranger against me. I decide I don't like him.

Cassandra silences the room " Yes sweetheart she is quite stupid. But back to the point. I said that this is my mate, Jason. And I want you to make him feel at home. If he wants something you get it for him Ok?"

Saying a simple yes, Jason only asks for a beer. Which I'm thankful for once seeing no one was in the kitchen. As I returned with Jason's beer pod leader was still there and she soon made me the laughing stock of the party. It's not only hurtful when your pod doesn't except you but it's devastating when your pod leader, the one who is suppose to protect you is the reason for your miserable life.

I've had enough! I wait until after the party is over to make my escape. As I creep in the dark I see something shining in the moon light. On the coffee table I spot some car key's, I don't know how to drive but I'm about to learn how. Making my way out side it starts to drizzle rain. Since I don't know which car the keys belongs to, I press the unlock button on the key chain and here a honk coming from a Ford truck. As I hop In the truck and put it into drive I see someone coming towards me.

"HEY!! What do you think your doing with my truck!?!?" The stranger asked. I quickly step on the gas and shout out the window. " I'm driving it!!! DUH :)" While 'driving' the rain becomes heavier to the point where I can't see. It's not like I know how to work the windshield wipers. So I'm really screwed. Just when I thought that, the car starts to flip and lands upside down. My head is bleeding, my vision starts getting hazy. As I'm about to pass out I see a pair of feet. Before I pass out my last thought was ' Shit. I can never get a beak.'