Chapter 4

As I made my way inside I noticed one of 2 things. He had mountain as in bottle always within reach, the same with vervain and wolfsbane. I gotta say Deaton is one smart cookie. When I entered the back room, everyone was staring at me, well except for Isaac. He wasn’t staring, he was glaring.

I let out a sigh before speaking. “Well I guess since I know what you are it’s only fair you know about me.” Before I could continue the red head cut in.

“And how exactly do you know who we are?” she asked, then added. “Oh and I’m Lydia by the way. And this,” she said pointing at the coyote, “is Malia. The sarcastic one asleep over there is Stiles, by the way Isaac is glaring at you I assume you’ve met. And I assume you also met Scott, Kira is the Korean girl. Now that introductions are over please continue.”

“Well,” I started. “I’m a 330 year old Hybrid.” They all looked at me in shock, even that kid Stiles that had finally woke up from his moment of shut eye. Then the shock turned to confusion. They probably had no idea what a Hybrid was, or that vampires existed for that matter.

Finally one of them spoke. It was Stiles. “How are you 330? And what’s a Hybrid?” he asked.

“Well children, let me tell you a story. A story of the Mikaelson’s.”

The story begins over 100 years ago. A mortal man named Mikael and a caster by the name of Esther moved to the new land to start a family together. And they did, but giving up their first daughter at birth. After that they had 6 other children together. But Esther had lain with another man, a wolf, a werewolf. She gave birth to Klaus. And then there family was complete. There was Finn, Elijah, Klaus, Kol, Rebekah, and finally little Henrik.

One night Henrik wanted to watch the wolves change on the full moon, so Klaus accompanied him. But while watching, the wolves found them, killing young Henrik. Klaus brought his younger brother's body back to his parents. Mikael was angry, he asked his wife to tap into her dark magic to make them stronger. As the wolves would run, they would run faster, as they would bite, they harder. They would live, but they would live longer. And so she did. She bound them to the white oak tree, one of the immortal symbols. Then Mikael laced wine with blood and gave it to his children to drink, after they each head, he stabbed them through the heart with a sword. When they woke, not dead, but alive, they were different. They were the vampires, the Originals.

But nature took to balance out. They feared the sun for it burned them, so did the flowers at the base of the white oak. And the only thing that could kill them was a stake made from that same white oak they were bound to. But with the balance came the hunger. The hunger for blood. Klaus had it the worst. It was here that he knew that his wife had lain with someone else. He made Esther make Klaus’ wolf side dormant. Then he killed his wife and went to hunt his children trying to kill them, feeding only on the supernatural and not humans. In the end he didn’t win. And he was locked away. While Mikael was locked away Klaus was able to break the curse freeing his wolf, becoming a Hybrid. The Original Hybrid.

“What about you?” Malia asked. “How are you a Hybrid.”

“In 1687 I moved to New Orleans. It was there I met Klaus. I was born a wolf, and Klaus took me in from my abusive parents. I asked him to change me and he did. Then I drank from a girl named Katia. And I became a Hybrid for I died to become a vampire, but drank from a Doppelganger. And that’s it.”

“Okay wow, but that still doesn’t answer how you know what we are, if you even do.” Lydia added

“Oh that’s simple.” I spoke, “I could smell it on each of you.”