Chapter One-A History of Athens, Ohio; USA

PART ONE

Quote: "And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking [them] suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ", unquote, Luke 4:41.

***

Athens, Ohio, has a strong Native American history.

Part of it is Athens County, (situated in the South-East); the other part is situated at Washington Country, (formed in 1805), during the time US President Thomas Jefferson, (April 13 [O.S. April 2] 1743 – July 4, 1826); Jefferson was President from March 4, 1801 – March 4, 1809), and was one of the Founding Fathers of the United States.

The hills that are a prominent feature of the Ohio landscape are sharp; the Unglaciated Allegheny Plateau, is also part of the landscape of the county. The plateau has scenic valley streams that make it a stand-out feature of Ohio. The old Teays River takes care of the drainage issues that affect the area. It goes on a northerly direction.

The river flows through Ohio and Indiana. These days it is part of the Kanawha River, (in West Virginia, and Kentucky)...and The New River.

***

ATHENS OHIO UNIVERSITY WAS formed in 1804. It is a place for educational excellence in America like other universities in Florida, New York, Kansas, etc.

But, according to a lot of sane people, the University is haunted.

And, in the next chapter, I'll delve into the stories of the paranormal, supernatural, and occult.

Stories that will chill your blood.

 Page 2.