Chapter Two-Stories of Wilson Hall

PART TWO

Quote: "And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?", unquote, Revelation 13:4.

***

The Ridges Lunatic Asylum and Cemetery

One of the eeriest places in Athens, Ohio, is the notorious Ridges Lunatic Asylum and Cemetery. According to reports it was used for witch's meetings; satanic rituals; and lobotomies that was performed by a doctor on psychotically disturbed killers. The Asylum also treated Confederate soldiers during the American Civil War in the 1860's, during President Abraham Lincoln's day. In rare cases, the Asylum treated children as well.

Lobotomies were controversial in America, (and The World). The word means λοβός-lobe of a person's brain in Greek; and τομή-(to cut or slice into the person's brain), that is used as by Neuroscientists who worked in the Psychosurgery field of medicine. The technique was founded by Portugese Neurologist, António Caetano de Abreu Freire Egas Moniz, (29 November 1874 – 13 December 1955). But, after receiving the 1949 Nobel Peace Prize with Walter Rudolph Hess, (March 17, 1881 – August 12, 1973), a Swiss physiologist, and António Caetano de Abreu Freire Egas Moniz, (29 November 1874 – 13 December 1955), as well. But by the 1950's, lobotomies were out of favor because of the destructiveness of the medical procedures that came with the job.

***

The orbs,  the Circle of Graves, and Tuberculosis

The infamous 'temporal lobe' was the basis of one of the Doctors' theories about Regan's demonic possession in William Peter Blatty's 1971 police procedural/occult horror book called 'The Exorcist', (written in 1969). The fact that such disorders are reflective of the brain's processing that something 'other' than human exists in the Universe to create mayhem. By 1972, there was so many buried people in the haunted cemetery, that bright orb-like lights could be seen.

While there was over 60 lost missing files, names as well as dates were gone. The so-called 'Circle of Graves', was used by witches to perform séances.  This proved dire because, by doing so, they let evil spirits come into Our World from The Otherworld.

Did they purposefully invite spirits so that they could speak to them? Or to do other things that was dark in nature?

And, to end, this section, there's the Tuberculosis Ward which no one goes anymore. There's a lot of different types of the fatal disease: The White Plague; phthisis; Pott's disease; and scrofula. In all, they form what is called a "Microbacterium", which causes suffers to become seriously ill...and in some cases... bedridden.

The disease is also associated with leprosy, (aka "Hansen's Disease"), that afflicted Father Damien, (January 3, 1840 – April 15, 1889), when he travelled to Honolulu, Hawaii, the 50th state of America, to do his missionary work.

***

And, while The Ridges was the home of strange occult and paranormal activity...there was more to the story.

The screaming

In the end, there was talk of ghostly screaming coming from the Ridges.

Whether or not there were real ghosts in the woods or not, it wasn't like a scene from  'The Blair Witch Project', (1999), because the haunting around...or near Wilson Hall...in Athens, Ohio, was very real.

Page 3.