The Girl With A Million Dollar Smile

Dan POV

I awoke to the sound of Kyle releasing a belch, shooting a playful glare at him before my eyes caught sight of the girl in my embrace. It killed me to know I was hurting someone so apparently special to me. That she and I had so many memories together and yet all of them were gone. As if someone had hit delete to take her from my life. Every moment her and I crossed paths was completely gone.

"Anything?" He lifted a brow quizzically before I shook my head in defeat.

" No... I can't fathom forgetting a girl like her..."

" Yeah she's pretty unforgettable." He laughed before glancing to you. "In all honest you'd do anything for her... she brings out sides of you I had never seen..." He seemed to have mixed emotional about that statement. This only brought my curiosity even further to the surface.

"Good or bad?" I sat up slightly, your head settling against my chest.

"Good, but also... stressed... I remember when her parents died... you two slept together before she knew they died... and the following week was.... mayhem." Kyle's voices trailed off. "She wouldn't talk to anyone especially you. You went mad that week. Begging any one of us to just go check on her. You and all of us went to the funeral and it was as if the week never happened. You stood beside her and she just leaned on you. You'll forgive her for anything you know... She could yank your heart out and you'd forgive her... She could end your life and you'd forgive her..." He picked at his finger nails before taking a deep breath. "I can't blame you though."

"Seems I'm crazy for a stranger..." I chuckled weakly, looking up at the ceiling tiles as my mind continued to process it all. "Did her and I ever date?"

"Not till recently... I mean it felt like you two were dating. Thats just how close you guys were. She was there when you tried to hurt yourself... She found you... And she was there when... When you got beat to hell..."

(Flashback)

My eyes couldn't help but notice the large group of people following after me into the night. My stomach churned as I gripped my phone in my hand and glanced down for a moment.

Dan: Amber I'm on my way
Amber: Hurry up 😉 before I start the movie smito
Dan: football guys are following me again

I roughly bit the inside of my cheek before walking faster. The sound of running coming behind me nearly made my heart drop.

"Wait up Smith!" I was tackled to the ground, shoving away anyone and anything near me. "Look at him squirm!"

"Help!" I yelled between the punches to my gut. My shirt being yanked off.

"No one is here to save you loser!" Their laughter almost made me give up. My heart racing in my chest till finally the kicks and punches stopped. I laid face down in the rain before groaning in pain. My only energy left to cry for help.

" Dan.... Dan!" Your voice was that of sweet relief. "O my gosh..." You helped me turn over and covered me with your rain coat, your free hand shaking as it helps the phone to your ear. " Yes... My best friend has been beaten...." I looked at you through the blood clouding my vision. Your other hand was raking through my hair as your eyes met mine. This was what made me attempt suicide. You stayed by my side nearly every second of every day after that moment. Through the hospital time, through school. Through the photos and bullying. Your bond with me never wavered.

(End of Flashback)

"Kyle..."

" Yeah?"

"I remember her... I have a memory now..." I mumbled and looked down at you before pulling you closer. Your eyes slowly opened as mine filled with tears. "Please don't go anywhere..."

"I won't... Shh...." You whispered and squeezed my arm slightly. "I'm not going anywhere...."

STORMER POV (that's right it's back)

" Dan Smith from Bastille.... Stabbed?" I read the article over again before glancing at the photo.

"I told you it wasn't fake... I wonder who she is though..."

"She's beautiful..." I mumbled before clicking the video. It made my stomach churn, yet he held onto her hand through it all. He whined in pain when she wasn't in his sight. "Look up those old photos of Dan."

"I already am..."

"You creep."

"Says you stalker...." My friend smirked at me before looking back at her computer. " Amber Monroe.... Facebooking her now.... O shit."

" What?"

"She's a NASA employee..." I laughed before shrugging.

"Fitting for Dan..."

"They went to school together... Highschool... Doesn't say where she went to college... Hey wasn't she the missing woman a few weeks ago?"

" Yeah! It was on the news..."

"You think Dan getting stabbed has something to do with it?"

"I have no idea." I closed my laptop before taking a deep breath. "Last I heard he was in the hospital. I wonder if she's with him... Or if she was a stranger... I doubt she's a stranger, but if she's Dan's girlfriend... Wouldn't the fans know?" She shrugged before taking the laptop and opening it again.

"I don't know for certain... We all know Dan is very secretive... Especially about relationships."

"I wonder if she's the girl behind that blog I saw... Remember I showed you that one? It's called oil on water?"

"The whore of England? I doubt Dan would date such a girl. It could all just be made up."

"I dunno... It fits the kidnapping timeline and everything..." I chewed the inside of my cheek before glancing at the laptop as she typed. Maybe we were onto something. Maybe this girl was more complex than what meets the human eyes. A sigh escaped my brims as I sat back and crossed my arms. After all Dan could have been with her and changed her ways. She'd be more than just another body to him.