3: All Is Grey

The roaring of the plane and it landed sent shivers up my spine.  I looked around at the people seated near me, clutching their armrests for dear life.  I though it to be a pretty funny sight.  I looked out my window and all I saw was grey, which I took as a warning sign about the rest of my time here.  I don’t think I ever de-planed as fast as I did in the moments after.

On the way out of the airport I bought myself a bottle of wine and drank most of it on the way to the hotel.  I was surprised that no one in my band said anything. They usually had some sort of smartass remarks about my drinking.  We left our suitcases to be taken up to our rooms as we checked in, then headed over to the recording studio to get everything set up for our tour.

When we arrived, the room was buzzing with activity, so I was glad I had my sunglasses on and my wine with me.

“Taylor!”

Lisa from The Veronicas tackled me into a hug, and Jessica joined in until I was gasping for air.

“You have no idea how glad I am to see you.”  People I actually liked, it was a miracle!  However, before I had time to catch up, Jamie was pulling me away.

“Come, I want you to meet The Wanted.  They’re actually pretty chill.”  Pffft, I doubt it.

He threw me in front of five guys.  They each started to introduce themselves but I just stared at them under my sunglasses.  The boy on the end reached out his hand to me and smiled.

“Hey, I’m Nathan.”

I looked at his hand and took a swig out of my bottle.  “Cool.”  Then I turned around.

Not seeing Lisa or Jessica anywhere, I plopped myself into an armchair.  I took a very cautious side glance back at the five guys.  I noticed all but one were back to what they had been doing earlier.  The boy who reached his hand out to me stood where I had left him, an unreadable expression on his face.