6: Silver Lining

The next morning, we had finally arrived at the second stop.  I spent a lot of time curled up in the fetal position, so I decided to stretch my legs and go for a short walk around the parking lot. I heard some voices coming from from the gate so I decided to make my way down there, passing by The Wanted boys milling around the bus steps.

"Please!  I'll only be there for a second!"

"I can't let you in.  Beat it kid, before I call the cops."

Standing right behind the gate stood a young girl, all alone and dressed in black, almost on the verge of tears.

Letting my curiousity get the best of me, I walked up to the guard. "Yo what's going on?"

"Just a fan.  She won't leave.  She says she waited all night."

I looked over at the girl and her eyes were wide with shock.

"Where are your parents, kid?"

She almost seemed to forget herself, but then she squeeked out, "They probably haven't even noticed I'm gone."  This induced a fresh set of tears, and my heart went out to the poor soul.

"I'll go get The Wanted for you."

"No - I mean... that's okay, too.  But I came to see you."

I eyed the girl again.  Her short blonde hair and pink and black striped shirt reminded me of when I was her age.  When I was innocent.  I ignored the guard as I opened the gate and let the girl in.

"You must be starving, so head into that black and red bus.  We don't have much but you can dig around in the fridge.  I'll meet you in a sec."

I was locking the gate back up when I noticed Nathan standing beside me.  "You're not as bad as people think you are, are you?"

"Don't get used to it.  Expectations lead to disappointments."

And with that, I turned on my heel and made my way over to my new friend.