Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

 "Good morning lady Alexis," I heard a soft voice say as the door to the room I was sleeping in opened. "I hope you are awake."

 My face was literally buried in the pillows and I did not feel like moving. A moan escaped my mouth as I struggled to wiggle my way out of the covers. I had spent the night in a big ass mansion without light, bath, or even my own freaking bag! Adrian escorted to the guest bedroom, which was as big as David’s apartment back home.

 "Alexis?" The guy at the door asked again probably trying to know whether I was still alive. I looked up; probably looking like a living zombie, to meet the green eyes of Frances. Once we locked eyes, he smiled sheepishly; "I didn't mean to invade your chamber but you must be prepared for you must leave."

 Leave? Baby it's still six am in the morning, where on earth would we be going to?" I asked eyeing him as if he was mad. I could feel my eyelids growing heavy. What was wrong with those people?

 "To see Benjamin my lady" he replied and opened the curtains letting in the sunlight. My flesh burned and I yearned for sleep. "Come on, you have a big day ahead of you!" He added with over enthusiasm as his blonde hair danced. I think he was in his mid-twenties or something; he sure did have the spirit of youth running in his veins. "We have prepared the bathtub for you."

 "You won't stop till I am up; will you?" I asked as I yawned. I looked at the mirror ahead of me and saw that my hair was a cheerleader pump pump; my mouth fell ten feet. Frances smiled at me; "You must be ready by seven thirty." I nodded and watched him leave.

 I needed sleep but I needed to take a bath as well; I ended up dragging my feet to the tub. It was warm and refreshing and I must say, I did not miss the shower as much as I thought I would.

 "Bloody mess" I heard a male voice yell in my room. Great, people just seem to walk in and out of rooms as they pleased back here; no room for privacy. I directly wrapped a towel around my naked body and rushed outside only to find Adrian on the ground picking pieces of cloth of the ground.

 "What on earth are you doing?" I asked eyeing him only to realize he was picking up my clothes.

 "I was carrying your luggage and it fell open, I didn't mean to peek inside." He told me as he looked up until we locked eyes. "I, I, I am sorry, I didn't I mean I never I think" he began to stutter with that accent of his. I couldn’t help but laugh at his tone; what a shy guy.

 "You have never seen a girl in a towel before?" I asked as I kneed down to pick up what was left beside him. Adrian was gazing at my every inch; studying my tattoos. “The medical dragons, that's what the print I have on my shoulder is called. Some say it gives good luck; you know the whole dragons wrapped around one another like the medicine symbol."

 "So I've heard." He replied sheepishly, "you have more than one?"

 "Well I have my name's initial on my wrist, ivy on my leg, why so serious words on my back, and a black and bloody red flower on my hip. Amm; and I have a smiley face on my elbow. I think that is it. All hurt like hell while being put but they're worth it." I said as I stood up carrying my shredded black skinny jeans with my minni blue shirt. “I'll take a second," I told him smiling. Something about his face always forced me to smile; it was always involuntary. I had to stop those feelings; whatever they were; from growing before they end my life; literally.

 "So, is Nicolai okay with everything?" I asked him from behind the dresser. I could feel him literally tense up at the mention of her name; something was definitely up with those two.

 "The reputation of our family might be ruined because of this; I highly doubt she is even mutually okay." He sighed.

 "I thought girls loved guys in jail; you know all tough and that stuff." I said as I came out and saw him standing eyeing my clothes in the bag. “It’s what we wear back home."