Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

I paced back and forth practically all night trying to figure out what on earth I have read. Leo, my one and only best friend and better half in the whole wide world and adopted brother; ends up being a Quartz; who I am supposed to help exterminate once and for all. I mean they are the whole reason why I have come back in the first place; my mission revolved around them ending up dead. I threw myself on the couch still thinking, I could never get myself to actually hurt him.

I reread the file concerning him a hundred times and couldn’t understand why he was related to them! For starters, he is this extremely funny guy with brown straight hair; which he adored more than anything in the world. Leo Donovan, no matter what I say; I would never be able to describe him.

I grew up with him even though he is three years older than me. When I think about it, he has been my one and only true friend. His father was dead and his mother has died a few years ago when he was about sixteen; that’s when dad decided to take him in as a Cory. He always looked after him like his own son, people started to actually believe Leo and I are siblings. We actually share the same smile, so yeah freaky.

Anyways, he has helped me through break ups; backed me up when I was in any fight. Believe me; I have been a trouble maker since all I could remember. We met back in school when some bully tried to steal my food; he stopped him and well ate my food and got me another thing. Since then we have been inseparable. He has been this over protective type of friend ever since my boobs showed up; he always glared at any guy who even as much as looked at me inappropriately. I gotta add, he scares most guys away and is extremely breath taking.

He is supposedly my partner in the FBI; after all he has been dragged to that party because dad adopted him. And well, he is now part of the family business; let’s hope I won’t have to kill him. I sighed realizing how messed up the situation I have dragged myself into and decided to clean up the chaos of papers in the living room.

As I scan the room, I stumbled to a paper that had Leo as a baby and my father’s picture on it. “What the hell?” I said to no one in particular and read.

Results of test: Positive, accurate

Names: Luke Quartz

           Jonathan Cory

           Amy Quartz

Relationship status: Father/son

DNA: Match

Mother Status: Dead

Luke Quartz is the true son of Jonathan Cory and Amy Quartz, born in 03/07/2100. Mark of Quartz is permanent on the back.

Orders: Death of Luke

Issued by: Jason Anderson, Head Master of the FBI

Signature: Jonathan Cory

SECRET CLASSIFIED INFORMATION, NO ONE BUT JASON AND JONATHAN ARE AUTHORIZED TO KNOW.

Father? Son? Death? What the hell? How am I not aware of such information? Is that some sort of prank? That means that Leo is actually my brother and his true name is Luke. I mean that baby picture is him.

I collected the papers I found and decided to burn them, there is no way I will allow anyone to hurt my Leo. I found a match and set the file on fire, I will protect him by all means necessarily. Now to talk to the one guy I am sure knows the truth behind this matter. I marched my way towards the TV and stared at it for the longest period of time.