Pre-game Memory

"Yo, Suga." Trent calls as Suga laces up his cleats. He could already hear the crowd outside, all here for this, their final game. The game the Basshunters will win, without fail.
"You know she would never do something like that, it was only because she had your actions in mind." At this, Suga looked up at his friend, who was leaning his big form against the locker.
"What? Who are talking about?" he smiled awkwardly, not fazing his friend.
Trent was serious, "C'mon dude, you know exactly 'who' I'm talking about. Jihyo, your so called 'deceased' friend. She only cleaned up that writing because of you, or your actions when you were a kid. I'll admit, I can see that pretty darn well."
"I never told you about her, about my Jihyo, so how do you know?" He tries to recall if he did tell Trent, but misplaced it somewhere in his mind.
He sighed, "If I have to do a flashback then fine. It was around-no it was actually the first time that we met." Suga always thought that was when he played in the park alone with his soccer ball that they first met? Apparently he was wrong. Trent continued, "Your mother was holding the PTA meeting at your house for all the motherly members, and my mom couldn't leave me home, for fear that I'd break somethin' and-god forbid-kill myself, so I came too. I remember your mom saying something about her boy being outside by the neighbors tree, so I went to check it out, honestly anything to get me out of there with those perfume secreting females was fine with me. I found you just where your mom said you were, out by the tree, staring at a stick in the dirt with a badly tied pink ribbon around it."
As he was laying out the memory like a book, Suga began to remember exactly what he was talking about. It was the day after his little Jihyo died. It was her funeral.
"I asked what you were doing and you said, if I recall correctly, 'She's gone. I killed her. I made a funny face and killed her. She's gone and no one cares. Why does no one care? This is her grave. I know it's not much, but it's all I got. She 'envied pink' is what she said, cause she hated it, that other girls liked it but she didn't.' then you started to cry, going 'Waaaaaaah! Jihyo! Why did you leave? Why can't I come too? I'm lonely!' And that's when I, brave guy that I am, put a hand on your shoulder, sayin' 'I'm here for ya.'" he laughed at his attempt to reenact Little Suga's kid voice, and Suga chuckled with him.
Now he remembered. Jihyo gave him his first guy friend, who turned out to be his best friend. It's all because of her, thanks to her. Wait a second!
"How did you know that that girl was Jihyo?" he looked at Trent incredulously.
His friend grinned, "Like you would be that genuinely innocent around a girl. You'd normally be all sly and cool, but she knocked you right off your feet, and I believe that you told me that 'your little Jihyo' use to do the exact same thing. I swear, you two had so much innocence and insecurity that day that the entire school could've blushed just looking at the scene!"
"Hey, you two! Stop your lolligaging and get out there! We have a Championship to win!" The coach interrupted the two, grinning at them and seeing this reflected right back at him.
"Yes, sir!" they saluted, jogging out to the field. Cheers sounded all around them, and Suga couldn't have felt more alive! I wish Jihyo could see this, I want her to see how much I've grown into my cleats, he joked in his mind, that is...until he realized that he couldn't. Even if he did except that she was the real Jihyo, his childhood friend...and...maybe something more...he knew that she wouldn't be here.
After what he said to her last night, he wouldn't blame her if she never wanted to see him again, but this still made him a bit upset. He ticked off Jihyo, and he was paying for it with his guilt.
If only she was there...