I've Missed You

Minutes have gone by. Hours and days. Weeks and months. Not a sight; not a sound. The voice I long to hear and the eyes I crave. So distant. Out of reach for so long. 

I can’t do it. I can’t be without you for long. My heart needs you. I need you. Life support comes in all shapes and sizes. You should know that, right? You are what keeps my smile going; my blood pumping and my lungs respiring. A room without you is a room without life. 

You are the world to me. My world and my everything. Please never leave me. You can’t leave me. If you go, my life is like a torn piece of paper. You tear paper, you ruin it. It can’t be fixed. You try fixing it with tape or glue, but it just doesn’t work. You walk out of my life and my heart fails. My lungs give up. My nerves die.

Seeing you in front of me now. It’s surreal. I’ve waited so long. I’ve tried to stay strong. When a man leaves his life support, he becomes weak. But when he reunites with it, his strength comes back. His life isn’t so bleak. 

My hands are shaking and the cocoons in my body have hatched. To see your eyes again; to hear that voice of yours; it reminds me that life support can be beautiful. 

I’ve missed you.