Chapter 2: Room Rage

Before I got into the car I did some leg stretches because Onyx, Annastazia and I had made a little game a while back. First person to get to a room and mark it keeps it, that was the only rule and last time we played I ended up with a broom closet. Cozy. But now I have a strategy, I was gonna hurl my faithful old pikachu backpack into the best room i saw because i had good aim and never missed a target.

Throughout the ride I couldn't help but notice the scenery around me, beautiful mountains,long, soft evergreen grass, thick fluffy clouds in the blue-green sky, it was a landscapers dream. My attention  snapped back when i noticed we were winding  up a drive way. Go time. To go unnoticed, I faked a sneeze and unhooked my seat belt and then slowly eased the lock on the door so it didn't make a sound, face in smug victory because I knew I was going to win this.

Then the unthinkable happened: Onyx jumped out of the car and started running towards the house, then to top shit of Annastazia got out too, but she summoned her wings and started flying towards the house. Un-fucking-believable, this was bullshit!  I haven't even mastered my teleporting powers yet but I do have one thing that might save my arse. 

I climbed into the front seat, revved the engine, and slammed my foot on the pedal, driving was another thing I excelled at, it came natural.  The car devoured the driveway so fast that i passed Onyx  " Chew on that, trick!" I yelled while flipping her off.  Guess she didn't take that well because, the next thing I know she grabs the back of the car and slings it back like 7 ft.  Crap, crap,crap, crap. I twisted the steering wheel sharply making the automobile swerve like crazy until I forced it to stop in the right direction.

Catching my hitched breath I floored it the screeching tires like music to my ears, Annastazia was long gone into the house and thanks to Onyx's little stint I knew I would'nt have enough time to park, so rode the speed up to 120 mph flying straight up to the entrance and abandoned it, rolling across the ground and making the car come to a clean stop. 

I was not about to lose again, I sprinted faster than I ever had in my life pushing myself beyond bounds, and it was working because I was just starting to pass Onyx, until she laughed and darted forward with ease, right into the house. Then I realized that she was holding back from the beginning letting Annastazia win, just so she could toy with me, mock me.  I forced the unnecessary tears to go back from where they came, before I put on my poker face and waltzed through the door, blocking out everything around me just searching for the place where I would be residing.

Down the long hall I found Annastazia , pink clipboard in hand, debating on how to decorate her over sized room, when she noticed she gave me a small, sad smile which I returned because it wasn't her fault that she had powers I didn't but she wasn't vain about it like some other people.  I walked straight pass Onyx's lair, but not without sneaking a peek, of course it was huge.  I finally came to a stop in front of a door and bracing myself for the worst, I closed my eyes and opened the door. No this can't be right, it wasn't big enough to hold a mirror let alone all my belongings, but sadly, I this was my room.

Unless...... This house was to big to have just 4 bedrooms and the rule said that we had to claim and mark a 'room'.  With renewed hope I grabbed my bag and left to find my real room.  

***************************************************************************************************************

Ok, so far I've found the kitchen, the living room, the den, and the dining room, now I'm in the basement, which by the way is way too sunny to be a basement and was starting to accept defeat until an image of the front of our house popped into my mind. 

The top had 2 windows... meaning there had to be a room up there! I took the stairs by 2 hoping I was right , I guess I was loud because Onyx and Annastazia poked their heads out faces adorn with curious looks, Xerena looked, but her facial expression was knowing and before she disappeared into her room she gave me a wink, luckily the others were long gone into their rooms before she did that.