Part 4

You pause, was he about to say something else? You shake your head briefly. "Anyway kid it's dangerous around here right now so go home," You tell him, peering out of the alley in case Sabo passed.

"What are you gonna do Miss?" He asks, not making a move to leave.
"Im looking for someone. Tophat, scar over his left eye, uh... Think he had a black coat..." You mutter. He blinks at you.
"No, I didn't see him," He replies, looking down. You glance toward him, pulling out your denden and calling Sabo. No answer. The boy glances between you and the denden. You wait for a solid minute. "Um... I don't think they're gonna answer," He tells you. You frown.
"He better not be giving me the silent treatment during a mission," You grumble, putting up the denden.
"Are you sure he's not in trouble?" The boy asks. You blink at him and let out a laugh.
"Him? I highly doubt it. He may be a reckless softy, but he's not weak," You chuckle. Pink dusts the boy's face then, but you don't catch it. "Anyway, I gotta go find him... Get to safety kid," You add, getting up.
"Wait, I'm going with you," He says, grabbing your cloak.
"Look kid, don't be stubborn, its probably dangerous where ever he is," You tell the boy.
"Please? I.... I don't have any where to go..." He says, looking down. You blink down at the boy, feeling a wave of emotion toward him. Silently cursing your soft spot for kids, you hit your knee again. You pull him in to you and give him a one armed hug. He stiffens slightly at that.
"Alright... Sabo's gonna scold me but I can't leave a little cutie like you running around... What's your name?" You ask, ruffling his curly blond hair. Eye blinks in shock at you, and takes a moment before answering.
"My name is... Ace," He tells you. Your smile falters briefly.
"Ace huh? That's a good name," You murmur. You stand up again and and slash a pipe for him. "You can fight right?" You ask, handing him the pipe.
"Thanks... Yeah, I can fight," He assures, taking it. You pause, looking at him. You smirk a bit, thinking how much he reminded you of Sabo. He catches your gaze. "What?" He asks.
"Hm, oh... You just remind me of someone..." You reply with a slight wave. He raises an eyebrow and you start down the alley. "Come on FireFace, call me back," You grumble.
"FireFace?" The boy echoes.
"That's one of my nicknames for him," You explain.
"Why FireFace?" He asks. You chuckle at the memory.
"Because when he first got his powers, we got into an argument and his... His face caught fire!" You bust out giggling. "It was the funniest thing that he ever did during one of our arguments," You giggle.
"That didn't scare you?" He inquires.
"No, like I said before, he's a big softie. Hits hard if he gets angry though," You murmur, rubbing your side which was still sore.
"Did he... Hurt you?" He asks carefully.
"Nah, I can handle him," You reply.
"You don't look like you hate him," He comments.
"I don't... We have... A complicated relationship..." You admit, stopping briefly to wonder why you were telling him the.
"Yeah, it sure does sound complicated," He murmurs. You put a hand on his head and peer out to the ship, catching sight of tiny children crying in oversized clothes.
"What the-" Your breath catches, seeing a familiar tophat. You run over and drop to your knees at the familiar clothing. "Sabo!" You call, looking around in slight alarm. Nothing. You grit your teeth, putting on the tophat and folding his clothes and moving them to your satchel. You pick up Ace and run into another alleyway as marines appear around the corner. You sit behind a dumpster, releasing Ace. You take off the tophat and stare at it, trying to think of something.
"Are you okay?" Ace asks, making you blink out of it.
"I should've been a better partner.... Now he's probably running around with no clothes..." You murmur. That last statement brought a blush to your cheeks and you brought a hand to your face. "What the hell FireFace?" You breathe.
"Are you worried about him?" Ace questions.
"No... I'm just gonna kick his ass once he gets his clothes back on..." You reply. More gunshots sound and you instinctively pull Ace into your chest. You peer around the corner of the dumpster briefly. "More damn marines and the Chief of staff is probably running around naked." You sigh. You stand up, still holding Ace to you.
"What are you planning to do?" He asks.
"Ima wing it until he pops up..." You admit, walking out boldly.