Chapter 1

I stumbled down the path in to a clearing. I saw five men in a circle around something. I went to turn away but stepped on a twig. It snapped and they whipped around. I stood there, frozen from shock. They had blood around their mouths and long, sharp teeth.

"Look who it is." The biggest man said. 

"Yeah. Her." The smallest man said.

"Do I know you?" I asked. They laughed.

"Of course you do. Don't you remember us? Six years ago you stumbled up on us, here. Then, we spared you, but now your old enough to fight for yourself, girl."  Man 1 said. He was the biggest. I decided to name them mentally by number and size.  Adrenaline surged through my veins and I took my new stele out. It was sharp on the end, made of blue crystal. It had a rose carved in to it, which my name is Rose. An unsual name in Idris.

While I was distracted they pounced on me. I was knocked to the ground by a huge wolf, and I'm guessing those men were werewolves. I raised my stele and brought it down on the werewolfs head. It peirced its head. For a second it stayed upright, then dropped on me. I rolled it off me and stood up.  I was cut and my clothes were torn up because of his claws. Another pounced and got its jaws around my throat. I stabbed it in the side muiltiple times but it wouldn't let go. Its teeth slowly sank in to my throat just as something struck the wolf and it flew off me, several feet away. The other wolves scattered, but that was all I saw before I blacked out.

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was not in Idris, in the woods, I was in Central Park on a bench. I slowed my breathing and took otu my stele. It's still the same, blue crystal with a rose on it. While I was laying there I heard a twig snap and looked behind me, where it came from. Someone in all black with long black hair and dark eyes. She had a weapon in her hand, something looking like a seraph blade.

"You can see me?" she asked.

"Yeah. And I can see that demon behind you. Better hurry before it gets you.." I said. Her eyes widened and she turned around. There it was, and she killed it easily. Just three stabs and it was dead. I sat up and turned my body so I could look at her.

"Are you a Shadowhunter?" she asked, sitting down next to me.

"Was a Shadowhunter." I said, lacing my hands in my lap.

"What are you now?"

"Do I have to tell you?"

"If you don't want me to go tell someone you're mundane and saw what happened."

"Fine. I'm a werewolf."

"You look a lot like Jace." I barely controled my excitement at hearing his name.

"You know, Jace?"

"Do you know Jace?"

"I asked the question first."

"Fine. I do. He's like a step brother."

"I know him from Idris." The girl gave me the I-don't-believe-you look.

"I'm Isabelle." The girl held out her hand.

"Rose." I shook it.

"I have to go." she stood up quickly and ran off. I sat there, twirling my stele between my fingers.

How did I get to New York from Idris? I got help from Magnus Bane. Apparently, he's the one who helped me get the wolves away, but he didn't help much more. Now he's helped me quite a bit, though I have to do him a favor, and lately its just been gossip.

Someone sat next to me but I paid no attention to them., lost in my thoughts.

"what? No 'hello'?" They said. I looked and saw Magnus.