Three

Yasmin S.

She's the finest thing

I've ever seen

Looking like a natual queen

Yasmin had Hit Me Off by New Edition playing. She was getting ready for her first day of class. Instead of making her own schedule, Clark Atlanta made one for her and sent it. She didn't mind the class timings she had but she hoped that none of her professors were assholes.

Yasmin checked the time on her phone as she finished the last loose curl in hair. She had about thirty minutes until her first class started at nine. Since she was dressed and ready, she took that as chance to go to the dining hall to get some breakfast. She took one more look at herself, content with the final product.

She grabbed her tote and keys and made her way out the door

She grabbed her tote and keys and made her way out the door. She walked to the dining hall and had her ID ready to be swiped in. Since she was a freshman, she had to have an unlimited meal plan so she could go into the dining hall, or caf as most students called it, as many times as she liked.

"Thank you." She said once she received her ID back from the worker in the front.

She observed the options she had for breakfast. Yasmin didn't mind the food in the caf. It wasn't five star material but it wasn't the worst thing she had to eat. She decided to not get her usual oatmeal and decided to make a waffle at the waffle iron station.

Yasmin made her food and found a seat with ease. Since it was early in the morning, the caf was almost empty. Most of the people in there either had an eight or nine o'clock class or were just early birds. Since Yasmin had time to spare, she made sure to eat slowly and fully enjoy her breakfast.

She finished her breakfast in just enough time to walk to class. All of her classes were in one building, the Carl and Mary Ware Academic Center, and she had most of her classes back to back. She was quite annoyed that she didn't have a real break but she figured she would be better off with getting all of her classes out the way. She made it to class, which was in a big lecture hall filled with students, five minutes before it began. She decided to sit in the middle section and get a folder and notebook out.

She was scrolling through her phone when she saw her professor march in. "Hello, everyone. I'm Professor Slaughter and welcome to Pre Calculus I."

Yasmin locked her phone and mentally prepared herself for the lesson she had to sit through.

***

"Home sweet home." Yasmin mumbled once she got back to her room.

She had just finished her last class of a very long day. She had three classes back to back. Then, an hour break that she used for lunch before having one last class.

She had a lot going on. But luckily, she only had one class that started at almost two o'clock the next day. She got comfortable on her bed and started scrolling through her phone.