Fields of Love and Second Chances

~Lola's point of view~

        I've never known the love parents had for their children. Well, let me rephrase that, I've never experienced love from my parents. For as long as I could remember, me and my brother were used as punching bags. Nice, huh? But we did have friends who's parents actually loved them and cared for them. We were lucky enough to have friends whose parents treated me and my brother like their own. But I always wished that once, just once, my mother would come home and not ignore me and my brother. The only time she acknowledged us was when she was really pissed off about something. My father wasn't any better. Always beating on us when we stepped through the door. I wished that they would tell us they loved us and treated us good and we had a nice home to go to, me and Johnny - my big brother. 

        Growing up, I always had someone watching out for me. That's what you get when you have a brother who is six years older than you and all his friends are older too. I always had a bodyguard with me. Sometimes, it would aggravate the crap out of me, not being able to do anything without someone telling me it wasn't safe or that if I even thought about doing it, they would skin me. But other times, I was glad I had someone to protect me. Someone who wouldn't think twice about hurting someone who was a hazard to my well being. Times like now, where I'm in need of someone to pull me into a hug and just held me while I cried, telling me that everything was going to be okay and they'd protect me. 

        I was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma on November 25, 1954 to Joanne and Thomas Cade. Ever since my mother allowed my brother, Johnathan, hold me for the first time, he had then sworn to protect me. He was one of the first people to ever protect me. Then he met his friends and then they met me and they sworn to protect me. 

        I never thought much of it when I was younger. Up until I was 10 and I had gotten a guy friend who was outside of the gang. I thought they would've been happy I had made a friend outside of the gang since I was kind of a loner for a while. Guess they wanted it to be a girl. Yet, they ended up warming up to Jared. I started hanging out with Jared and his friends at school, soon causing me to be more independent. But when I was 17 and Jared had asked me to be his girlfriend, the guys stopped being okay with it. 

      Jared was my first and only boyfriend. Not like guys didn't like me or nothing, but I just didn't like the other guys back. When I was 19, Jared wanted me to move with him to Oklahoma City. It was the last time I spoke to any of the guys that I had called my brothers for as long as I could remember. Johnny had been away from all this since I was 12. He had left for college and I guess...started a new life. Forgot about me so I sort of lost contact with him way before this. But the others, especially Darry, they weren't to happy. I had a huge argument before just walking out the house, after packing my stuff and leaving with Jared. I thought me and Jared would live happily ever after. I was so wrong and gullible back then. Just wish I hadn't been a stubborn girl stuck on the idea of true love when I was 19. Maybe I wouldn't of started living my very own hell. For 5 long years...until we moved to Heartland.