two.

luke's pov

i saw amanda's limp body simply lying on the floor. mandy was covered in bruises, cuts, scraps and blood. she was as pale as ever. her long brown blonde hair cascaded down her face. she wore her favorite one direction sweatshirt and that was ripped in every seam.
i raced to where she lied. then i noticed a knife, right next to her hands. i turned her hands over. her limp hands were covered in blood.

"AMANDA!" i screamed, shaking her, hoping she would wake up then everything would be okay again. i yelled her name over and over, shaking her harder and harder. i grabbed for my phone and called 911.

"911. what's your emergency?" i heard a woman say on the other line.
"my sister attempted suicide! come quickly! she's losing a lot of blood!" i nearly yelled into the phone, crying. i gave the woman the address of my family's home and moved mandy so she was resting on my arms. sweat was dripping down my forehead as i checked mandy's pulse. abnormal, but still there. i let out a sigh of relief, knowing that my sister is alive. i moved her body more so that i was nearly cradling her like a baby. i thought this might be the last time i see her. i nearly forgot that it might be helpful to call someone. i grabbed my phone once again, readying myself for what my mother might say. dialing a number, i looked back and said "you'll be alright mandy. you'll be okay."

"hello?" i heard my mom say.

"mom!! thank god you answered!" i responded shakily.

"luke? what's wrong? are you home? why does it sound like you are crying?"

"go to the nearest hospital. mandy attempted suicide." i cried. there were noises on the other line. no immediate answer.

"i'm going. i'll see you there." i heard mom say, worry and panic in her voice.
i hung up the phone and waited with mandy.

her hands were cold when i held them in mine.

now i was crying hysterically. tears of horror and sadness stung my eyes. i need her back. i need her back now.

soon, i heard sirens. wailing sirens that echoed throughout the streets. i held mandy even tighter when i heard the sirens. i wasn't planing on losing her. the wailing screams of the ambulances came closer with every sob i cried out. i heard knocks at the door and i yelled for whoever was there to come in.

"where's the patient!?" i heard a loud, deep voice call out.

"upstairs!! hurry!!" i scream.

loud, heavy footsteps clunked up the stairs. i could see a few nurses and paramedics.

as quickly as i found her, they found us, in a puddle of blood.

the men and women rushed toward us with all sorts of equipment in their hands.

every one of the nurses or doctors or paramedics yelled over each other as they checked mandy to see if she was alive.